Contributors to this thread:
>>>--arrow1--> 06-May-15
Naz 06-May-15
razorhead 06-May-15
Drop Tine 07-May-15
06-May-15

>>>--arrow1-->'s Link

06-May-15
Sounds pretty rare, but wouldn't want to be one of the one or two cases a year either way! Lyme much more common, but often missed, or misdiagnosed. Best bet is prevention, keeping 'em off your body in the first place. Thankfully we don't have a lot of ticks here along the Lake Michigan shoreline, at least vs. west or north.

06-May-15
Like many I have dealt with ticks, and they were bad in central and western wis, and not so bad up north.

However, this year, was the first year, I picked up ticks in the northern kettle moraine, and along Lake Michigan, northern Qzaukee County.......

The best thing I ever found to wear, was my top and bottoms, from Cabelas, a bug suit. now they are like long underwear, but very lite, and really prevent ticks and spiders etc, from getting to the skin.....

its also cool and not hot to wear. ticks are spreading everywear, not the big wood ticks, but the smaller deer tick.

I get home, clothes are off in the garage, and clothes hung outside at nite, cool air gets rid of a lot of bugs,,,,,

then shower and check and double check, ticks are a pain you know where,,,,,,,,,,

07-May-15
When I get back from hunting I peal off my hunting cloths and throw them in the dryer the heat will kill them. Make sure you look for them smelly softener tissues that women use in them first though!

• Sitka Gear