notme 11-May-15
bigbuckbob 12-May-15
steve 12-May-15
bigbuckbob 12-May-15
cuntrytocity 12-May-15
bigbuckbob 12-May-15
09-May-15

Jerry Leblanc's Link
This bear was in my yard yesterday. Ears look small and furrow on forehead. I think it is big. What do you guys think?

09-May-15
Looks like a young adult, maybe 300 lbs tops. Very healthy, that's for sure.

What town are you in?

09-May-15

Jerry Leblanc's embedded Photo
I am in Farmington. Here are a couple pictures

09-May-15

Another pic

09-May-15
Any bear is a big bear to me! Nice pics!

09-May-15

I enhanced the picture to take out some shadows.

09-May-15
As always, photos are deceiving and really hard to get the good angles and perspective needed to judge but It does look like a good size bear, I'm thinking in the 250 lb range. maybe a bit bigger

09-May-15
Good photo the bigger the bear the smaller the ears.

09-May-15
Try Again. The picture was not the one I corrected.

09-May-15

09-May-15
About average. Still has some growing to do, fill those bird feeders.

09-May-15
200 tops next time go out and stand next to him so we can get a reference lol still nice to see .

10-May-15

The Dark Knight's embedded Photo
The Dark Knight's embedded Photo
This was in wolcott last week

10-May-15
Time for a season?

10-May-15
After looking at the other pictures I would agree with Steve, around 200 lbs. Pictures are not the best way to judge the size, need something close by to give you perspective for size. Next time put your wife next to the bear to help us out;)

10-May-15
I actually like her (had her around for 30 years). But I do have several other people I would like to use for perspective. Last week I saw another bear outside my work (a smaller young one). I went out on an elevated patio (about 8' up) and the bear came right over and tried to climb up the wall to where I was watching. Clapped loudly and he ran off about 20 yards. He was very curious.

11-May-15
It would be even bigger if it was chasing you.

There a bear attack in CT last week.

11-May-15
it didn't attack a Politian so it doesn't count

next time entice him with a pic a nic basket for a better shot angle..lol

11-May-15
I thought the bear just chased 2 people in the Mclean preserve in Simsbury. One guy had a cut on his arm but he thinks it was from a branch as he was running away screaming like a little girl :)

If it was me he was chasing - he would have gotten stopped in his tracks from all the pee and poop coming from my running shorts. I always use that tactic when a large animal is chasing me, works every time. ;)

11-May-15
I had one sitting behind me inside of 15 yrds on x mas eve 2008 in new hartford. never heard him cept a twig break made me turn around . we stared at each other for an eternity . he couldn't figure out what I was cause of the cross wind . finally he got bored and mosied off . want to see a 230lb guy run 500 yrds uphill in 2 ft of snow in less than 10 seconds . thank god the camo covered the bodily excrement's I spewed . a week later while following deer tracks I found a den . I took a dump at the opening then yelled " does a v man sh@t in the woods". then I proceeded to run uphill again like a little girl...lol

11-May-15
notme

you're too funny.

Is that true about the bear being right behind you? I don't know what I'd do if that was me. We have some big polish ladies at work that scare the hell out of me when they sneak up behind me, so can't imagine what a big wild animal would do to me.

11-May-15
When We hike with my wife she always bring the .22 revolver. I told her she should bring the .44 or the 45 cuz .22 is not going to kill the bear and it's just going to piss him off more. She said is not for the bear. It's to shoot one of my kneecaps so she can get away.

11-May-15
yup , all true bob . I already had an arrow nocked , undid my boot and hip knifes . figured I was in for a tussle for sure.i was praying that there wasn't a dumb cub around that wanted to play . we had 8 inches of snow with 2 inches of ice on top so everything was real crunchy . it was fascinating to see him walk away without going through or making a sound . the property owner said deep trapped one that was over 400lbs that spring ..... as far as the papolski girls , id say toss a few galumpkis at them curva ....lol

smart lady crow..lol

12-May-15
notme

I always wanted to see a bear in CT while deer hunting, but NOT that close. Good thing they don't climb trees! (polish ladies, not the bears)

12-May-15
I had a 300 lb bear walk around me in a stand then just look right up at me at 10 feet he didn't care that I was there and just walked over to the bait only to be shot ,still scary when there that close guide told me if they start to come up the stand just kick them in the nose ya like that was going to happen .Chasing them after the shot is really fun no back up gun in Canada .

12-May-15
Steve

I would have directed the flow of poo pouring from my pants onto the bears nose if one ever came up the tree after me,....never mind put my foot near his mouth.

12-May-15
You're right "Steve", it's the recovery that's the scary part. Read about a guy who went to recover his bear a few hours after the shot, and all his buddies could hear was his screams as the wounded bear ripped him a new one......other than running into some nutcase in the middle of nowhere while hunting, bears are my only other concern while in the woods....at least we don't live in grizzly country....lol

12-May-15
cuntrytocity

blacks attack more people than grizz, but that's partly because there are far more blacks, therefore far more encounters.

I had a raccoon try to get into my treestand with me years ago and I didn't care for that much, so I can't imagine having an adult bear trying to get cozy.

• Sitka Gear