SILVERADO 22-Jul-15
>>---CTCrow---> 22-Jul-15
SILVERADO 22-Jul-15
notme 24-Jul-15
notme 24-Jul-15
Gene 24-Jul-15
11-May-15
SWK

that would be so cool to see a doe give birth first hand.

Bald eagles are much more common than you think. I saw one flying over New Britain during lunch one day last year, was in my convertible so had a great time watching him. The guy behind me didn't know what I was looking at, kept trying to stick his head out the window.

11-May-15
When I went turkey hunting this past Saturday I came across a pile of tiny deer droppings, was thinking some have dropped already.

11-May-15
They are also in the Milford / Stratford area this year due to the heavy February freeze along the Housatonic River. It would be nice if they stayed around for a while and populated.

11-May-15
Bald Eagles are all over the place. Plenty in Meriden around Hanover Pond and the Quinnipaic river, as well in Wallingford at the resevoirs.

Pretty amazing that these does could be giving birth so early. Their gestation period is around 200 days (7 months) so that would make these does you guys are thinking giving birth 3-4 weeks early, which definitely can happen....but most are born end of May and early June if they get bred in November.

11-May-15

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Took this in January before the river froze. See eagles quite often now, even in the summer.

Havent seen a fawn yet this year, but definitely close.

12-May-15
There are resident, breeding bald eagles in CT and the Shepaug Dam is one area in particular where people go to watch the birds. I saw one grab a fish out of the Housatonic one late fall a couple of years ago, magnificent birds to watch.

12-May-15
It's not eagle's landing anymore, is it!!!

12-May-15
SWK

well said!! BTW - whatever happened to the Sunday hunting bill?

13-May-15
Don't usually see the fawns till June around here. I'm sure they're around just not showing their faces. Did get to see on nursing about 2 yrs ago.. very cool.

27-May-15

longbeard's embedded Photo
longbeard's embedded Photo
Found this little cutie on Sat morning while turkey hunting

27-May-15
Yeah I usually stumble across one or two a spring while hunting turkeys. I don't carry a camera with me so I typically take a pic with my phone, so the quality is generally lacking.

28-May-15
How cute. Thanks for sharing.

28-May-15
SWK

you should have said, right next to my mashed taters and peas. Not even a smiley face is going to help us with those comments :)

My wife and I were sitting outside at White Silo Winery this past Saturday when a big doe ran across the field in front of us. My wife said, how beautiful, how could you kill such thing,...and I said "aim at the heart!!" It was very quiet for a long time after that.

28-May-15
niiiice bbb..lol

I once sent my sister a Christmas card I made . it was a hanging skinned deer with 2 elves on the side holding knives..in a bag underneath was the skin with the head sticking out..it read " this is what really happened to Rudolph when he tried to muscle in on the sleigh team merry Christmas "...not knowing she let my then 3 yr old niece open it ... to this day my niece still punches me for it ..lol

29-May-15
Notme

oh wow!! You went too far on that one. I would have thought of doing the Christmas card like, but never would I go through with it. But damn, it is funny!!

SWk - at 64 the bedroom benefits are scarce, like deer in the NW corner:)

29-May-15
LMAO notme. That's a clasic. Your sister's fault for not opening it herself.

29-May-15
that's one way to shutem up swk..lol I gotta look for the pics one day , sent my bud a x mas card with a deer tied up spread eagle..under was a tickle me elmo dressed in leather holding a battery operated device . it said " the night wasn't the only thing that was foggy that x mas eve , merry f*@kin xmas "..he still has it hanging in his shop on the bait cooler door..lol

a good friend of mine mom once leaned over to him and whispered "something aint right with that boy"

29-May-15
Notme - she's wrong about one thing - you're not a boy, but there is something loose in your wiring.

07-Jun-15

Paul's MOBILE embedded Photo

07-Jun-15

07-Jun-15

First pics mom and kid , 3rd Damn Dog

07-Jun-15
Dog looks like he wants to find kid.

16-Jun-15
Yeah, but at least they have a 4-day head start.

I'll bet a fawn bleat would work real well right about now...

18-Jun-15
There was a little dead fawn at exit 34 south this morning.

19-Jun-15
Hi Paul,

Wow! These Moulrie CAM pictures are incredible! Hoping I can do as well with my new Bushnell Trophy Cam.

27-Jun-15

rjamesmac's embedded Photo
rjamesmac's embedded Photo

04-Jul-15
First fawn of the year on trailcam. Mature doe hitting the Trophy Rock Mineral Rock.

09-Jul-15

Smoothdraw's embedded Photo
I threw out a half loaf of stale wheat bread this morning in the yard. I'm washing the dishes look up and see this doe chopping on the bread ... ate 4 or 5 pieces. The fawn was skipping around like crazy. Fun to watch.

09-Jul-15

09-Jul-15
If my sandwich falls from my stand is that baiting ? Crow ?

09-Jul-15
Only if you're trying to shoot Crow!

09-Jul-15

hemlock 's embedded Photo

09-Jul-15

10-Jul-15
Wierd, I have 4 does and a young buck that frequent my camera, not one of them has a fawn. With the number of bucks in the area not to mention Buck Norris I am shocked by this.

I wonder if the hard winter had a high mortality rate on unborn fetuses?

10-Jul-15
Cool looking piebald, and great shot of the fawn in the sunlight!

I have had zero fawns on camera on one of my properties this year, which has consistently had fawns every year for each of the 7 yrs I've been hunting there. A few healthy deer showing up on camera though.

We had a big yote surge on that property.. not sure how much is them, and how much was the winter. Though I did have yote scat with deer hair in it last year (but there are many car strikes, so it could've been a roadkill feed). Only one turkey there this year too - dunno if that's yotes, winter, or fishers,

Either way - all my properties I have green lights on the yotes.

21-Jul-15

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo

21-Jul-15
Nice pics

22-Jul-15

SILVERADO's embedded Photo

22-Jul-15
Fawn is looking out for those coy pups.

22-Jul-15

24-Jul-15

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo

24-Jul-15

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
first one ive seen all year

24-Jul-15
I have seen 2 does, each with one fawn this week in Washington. I also had a big buck run across the road in front of me at 3 in the afternoon about 2 weeks ago. I don't know what was after him but I liked where he was going!

• Sitka Gear