jdrdeerslayer 15-May-15
Wayniac 18-May-15
dkbowhunt 18-May-15
dkbowhunt 18-May-15
CTCrow 18-May-15
notme 18-May-15
longbeard 19-May-15
11-May-15
Saw a paiebald deer between exits 41-42 northbound in the Merritt the other day. Kind of cool to see it.

11-May-15
thats it,just kinda cool..not OH SNAP!,look at that cool..lol

11-May-15
The word "piebald" originates from a combination of "pie," from "magpie," and "bald", meaning "white patch" or spot.[1] The reference is to the distinctive black-and white plumage of the magpie.

Education - knowledge is power. Not sure how much power this gives anyone, but I wanted to know where piebald came from.

NOTME - I thought maybe you saw some bald pies in your younger days, correct? Mmmmmmm, that's some good eatin'.

11-May-15

CTCrow's Link

11-May-15
Crow

don't you dare go back there!

11-May-15
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,bald pie YUMMY !!! hell dude, im old enough to remember when only the bad ones did it.dirty little things..lol

11-May-15
now-a-day's most have racing stripes, thanks to Victoria and her secrets. Why do they call it that anyway? Not too much kept a secret in those things.

12-May-15
I saw one in that exact area about 2 years ago. Probably the same one!

12-May-15
Me too BUT I heard it was shot by some one .

12-May-15
This one looked to be last year's fawn so, the gene is being passed.

12-May-15
A quick story.shot a pieball about ten years ago,that year fell walking in to go to stand,the rest of the season was full of freaky things going wrong.My father always said it was bad luck to shot one,I don't see them as often as I used to,But I will never shoot another.Ps when I fell,My hip had to have a pin put in. fun Not

13-May-15

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Not me I watched one for about 5 years .She was a big girl too .

13-May-15
she needs love too.

13-May-15
I believe it's a Native American belief that it's bad luck passed down for years. and also that they are worshipped..... That's why some states banned shooting them and albinos like Wisconsin.

13-May-15
i used to see a black buck in white memorial woods..last year i had a black doe show up in toyland ..dont know if its bad luck to shot one

13-May-15
The black ones (melanistic) are very striking looking. I've seen piebalds, but never a melanistic one.

Squirrels, on the other hand - I've seen plenty of those in the black variation...

13-May-15
Wayniac,

never heard of deer with a black coat, learned something new today. I've also seen the squirrels with the black coat but never a deer,..... and I have lots of experience watching deer :)

15-May-15
Funny north side between 41 and 42 is my brothers back yd....u can see the merit lol

18-May-15
BBB - there was an article in one of the bow magazines a while back on the black variation. REALLY cool looking deer.

18-May-15

dkbowhunt's embedded Photo
dkbowhunt's embedded Photo
Piebalds taste good

18-May-15

18-May-15
I think the exit 41-42 piebald might be dead. I saw one yesterday morning dead in the medium that looked like him. I was woing too past to make a 100% ID but it looked like him.

Piebald buck....The other, other white meat.

18-May-15
there was a dead one under the french town rd bridge yesterday.

19-May-15
I used to see one near exit 36 in Stanford all of the time. Haven't seen that one for over year now.

• Sitka Gear