RutNut@work 13-May-15
Naz 13-May-15
youngcd12 14-May-15
glunker 15-May-15
TheLama 15-May-15
12-May-15

Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
Just wanted to share a picture of a fawn I found while Morel Mushroom hunting this past Saturday. I have been wondering if the does were having their fawns. Guess this answers that question. We left the area after a few pictures and continued on our way. For those wondering, the Morels were everywhere. Great day in the spring woods.

13-May-15
Thanks for sharing. Another one of God's joys passed on!

13-May-15
Wow, that seems a little early but hopefully that means big healthy fawns to get through next winter.

13-May-15
Very cool. A cool whitetail fact. Some of the older does go into heat every year around October 10th. Given a gestation period of 7 months give or take. The date the mother was bred would be right around 10/09/2014. Nothing exact of course, but I find it interesting to backdate fawns to try and figure out the breeding cycle.

13-May-15
I've seen 195-210 days in most literature, with "about 200" quoted the most often. That could mean Oct. 20 range, which still seems early, but I recall reading a story of a giant buck arrowed around that time a few years back that was grunting and hot on a trail. The exception probably, but still …. remember the old "T-Zone" hunts of late October many moons ago? Always seemed to be a lot of big boys spotted then, on the hunt.

14-May-15
Awesome!

15-May-15
Wed I watched a fawn follow mom across a corn field. From about 200 yards away the fawn looked like a skinny rabbit.

15-May-15
Found two dead fawns the yotes got while I was out looking for asparagus. There are low numbers there already.

Tough life.

• Sitka Gear