Little Bear 14-May-15
Sam S 23-May-15
M.P. 24-May-15
M.P. 24-May-15
babysaph 27-May-15
13-May-15

Little Bear's Link
PROPOSED DEER FARM RULE FILED

The proposed rule for governing deer farming in West Virginia has been filed. Meanwhile, an emergency rule has been filed to cover the transition of responsibilities from the DNR to WVDA.

Members of the public can view the proposed rule and the emergency rule at the Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.wv.gov. Citizens have until 4 p.m., May 28, 2015, to submit written comments concerning the rule.

IMO, one of the most glaring issues is the new Agriculture regulations call for 8 ft. fences vs. 10 ft. I'm sure we've all seen deer leap over 8 ft. fences without much effort. I saw this on the Outdoor Channel just recently. Wait till there is a hot doe either inside or outside the fence and bucks will be going in and out of the fence at will.

"In fact, the average white tail deer can jump over an obstacle that is not 5, 7, or 8 feet high but 12 or more feet high– taller than virtually any barrier deer fence. In fact, to the astonishment of deer control experts, the U.S. Department of Agriculture rates white tail deer as being able to jump 15 feet high."

Let the de-regulation begin...

13-May-15
I can't believe they would do this! they can definitely jump over 8' fences. I don't think they will be going in and out at will. I don't see too many coming back once they get out. LOL

13-May-15
Well I'm just hoping the elk populate fast enough to hunt them before the deer die out and then spread it to the elk my kids generation will prob be doing a reintroduction of the whitetail deer

13-May-15
So why would they want 8 ft fences ? Do the want their money to jump the fence?

14-May-15
I guess we can take our crossbows and sit on the other side of the fence and wait for them to jump over. lol

14-May-15
That's right Doug. This state is so messed up. We laugh and joke about it but its not funny. It is really sad. No wonder we are always on the bottom of things.

14-May-15
If anyone wants to write public comments about these rules, they can be e-mailed to: [email protected]

Judy Cooper, Manager Administrative Law Division West Virginia Secretary of State’s Office 1900 Kanawha Boulevard E Building 1, Suite 157K Charleston, WV 25305

23-May-15
I have never saw a deer jump an 8 ft fence we were depopulating a hunting preserve and were intentionally driving the deer into the fence that's where the shooters were standing at. Not one deer out of the 125 that we killed even came close to clearing the fence.

24-May-15

M.P.'s Link
Ok, this is an interesting article

24-May-15
I hope none of the 5% have CWD

27-May-15
I am getting ready to start a deer farm and then stock my land with the deer and have crossbow hunts. LOL

• Sitka Gear