Contributors to this thread:
razorhead 15-May-15
Drop Tine 15-May-15
RutNut@work 15-May-15
Geitz 15-May-15
Novemberforever 15-May-15
Naz 15-May-15
15-May-15
I was wondering how possible this would be. Our state is blessed with a great forestry division, and in my opinion they do a great job, of management of state land.....

There work alone, in cutting the Northern Kettle Moraine state forest, has been exceptional, and you only have to take a walk, to see all the positive results.....

I realize the personnel of the USFS, are being pulled at all ends, but why can't the state of Wis, manage the NF land within the state........

I think this would be a radical change for the better, but I know it would be very complicated, with all the different interest involved.......

15-May-15
I would support that whole heartedly.

15-May-15
It will never happen as it would make sense, and the feds do nothing that makes sense.

15-May-15
Because the USFS knows that cutting trees would provide better habitat for deer which would greatly reduce over browse and promote proper forest growth, therefore greatly reducing their argument to reduce deer populations as the over browse prohibits proper forest regeneration.

15-May-15
" but why can't the state of Wis, manage the NF land within the state..."

The same reason Wyoming can't touch Yellowstone, Montana/ Glacier, ect.

15-May-15
Rut +1, I've seen it a bunch with cormorants, wolves, lake trout and many more. Sometimes takes 'em a decade to "study" and "take input" before making the common sense decision.

• Sitka Gear