Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
razorhead 17-May-15
Jeff in MN 17-May-15
10orbetter 17-May-15
ArchersQuest 17-May-15
Naz 19-May-15
17-May-15
I knew this was coming, and in todays Milwaukee Journal Paul Smith has an article on it, that would interest you as a bowhunter.

I can only hope, as I write letters to those in the RGS, that the WBH, WWF, Whitetails Unlimited, and other conservation minded organizations, also get behind this, for the correct management of our Region.....

although no response as of yet from the USFS, and probably will come down to a law suit, this is a step in the right direction, for the future of our youth, to have a forest, that is rich and diverse in wildlife....

My letters also are addressed to our senators and congressmen from both sides , to get behind this, as this is very important, for the future of our state.....

A poor managed forest, of which we are so blessed to have, has an adverse affect on everyone, business, sportsmen and the health of the state, as a whole

17-May-15
I can't access the journal online (not a subscriber so apparently can only access old news there).

Also, nothing on the RGS web site about it either.

About time some logging contracts start to happen. I understand that contracts are shut down because of some endangered bat, or squirrel, or something like that.

17-May-15
I read the article too razor. Now will they act? At least the RGS is doing something and taking a stand. Good leadership! One more benefit-more management activity in our forests, less likely the drug dealers and producers will continue their illegal growing operations that have sprung up in the Nicolet and other places. I will be drafting a letter as well. Nothing beats big woods hunting, and we can still get back to the quality we had in the 80's and 90's.

17-May-15

ArchersQuest's Link

Here's a link to today's MJS article by Smith:

Amazing how an agency can fall so far behind its own goals for management. Hopefully this RGS petition will result in a positive result.

19-May-15

Naz 's Link
Posted here last week. Can read the press release here.

• Sitka Gear