sundaynwv 21-May-15
babysaph 21-May-15
Larry247mobile 21-May-15
shakyheadsabol 21-May-15
sundaynwv 21-May-15
WV Mountaineer 21-May-15
Babysaph 21-May-15
18-May-15
I'm just wondering why WV does not have regulations against wanton waste. How many times do we see deer carcasses, with only the tenderloins ripped out, discarded at the local wide spot? How often do we hear about the man who throws the muskie on the bank because it is eating "his" bass?

18-May-15
I agree but it would be hard to prove. Heck they don't have the manpower now to enforce the laws that are on the books. There is not much they can do about a person only eating the tenderloins anyway. Lol. They would just put the carcass in a bag and dumb it in the trash. Be hard to enforce.

20-May-15
Like Jr said, impossible to enforce and, I'd venture to say that most of those deer you speak of are poached. God Bless

21-May-15
Is it impossible to prove in all the other states with a wanton waste law? Guy kills a deer and cuts off the horns/ neck you have another charge. Guy flops a muskie on the bank because the musky eats his bass(????????) you have wanton waste. If it was impossible to enforce I do not believe other states would have it.

It is our moral and ethical decision to have such a law as sportsmen. I understand it has some grey areas but I would be in full support of reducing the, " Loin em and Leave em."

21-May-15
I agree but yes they do have problems enforcing it in other states. But I totally agree with what you are saying.

21-May-15
If throw Muskie on the bank too

21-May-15
we do not need more laws we need more education, better parenting, and a better belief in god

21-May-15
You can throw all the education you want at people and they must be the one to choose to do the right thing. Until then, we have laws.

Typically, laziness and greed are keys to waste.

21-May-15
No one is suggesting you are wrong in your logic if it applied to an actual situation where someone killed a deer, checked it in, than took the loins and tossed it. I seriously doubt the usefulness of a law that probably doesn't apply to most law abiding hunters. If they can't catch them poaching, how are they going to enforce the law?

21-May-15
I agree Mountsineer. In. Perfect world we would catch them but we can't catch them all. We can't legislate against everything

• Sitka Gear