fnshtr 26-May-15
PassThrough 28-May-15
PassThrough 28-May-15
mudflap 29-May-15
hookman 29-May-15
Larry247mobile 30-May-15
Babysaph 30-May-15
19-May-15
since the desk jockeys have made them legal; just wondering what xbow should I buy? please take into consideration speed, quietness,and kinetic energy.

19-May-15
the one that makes you happy, but this is the wrong place to ask that question unless you are just trying to stir it up. and if you are let me just say that those desk jockeys just opened up a whole new avenue for enconomy in this state and added more numbers to the hunting community. this will be an either "i told you so" or a "you told me so", but one thing is sure, the states around us that have a season in place arent seeing any decline in deer densities and some of those states are just as liberal as us on bag limits. when compound bows came out all the trad shooters through a pissing match. now the xbow is here and all the compound shooters are throwing a pissing match. its nice to have a choice, shoot what you want and obey the laws and pat you fellow hunter on the back and you would see a whole lotta problems go away with the new found unity....k im done :)

19-May-15
You may be right Shaky. Guys that don't bowhunt now probably don't because they are too lazy. Once the novelty wears off they will give that up too. Hunting is hard work.

19-May-15
Crossbows are like most anything else you get what you pay for, you can spend any where from 300 to 2000 dollars on a crossbow.Tenpoint makes a good crossbow. good luck hoppies56

20-May-15
I've heard a lot of good things about tenpoint, but I think they are kind of pricey.

20-May-15
JR, I guess if we want to stay TRADITIONAL---we can get a crossbow with RECURVE LIMBS ! LOL---That would make 2 classes at the shoots ! LOL

20-May-15
SAD

22-May-15
Asking which crossbow is best is like asking which compound bow is best. Every fanboy will swear whatever he/she owns is the best. As others have pointed out, Tenpoint has a great reputation but are expensive. If you like simple designs with very little to go wrong, Excaliber's line of recurve crossbows are top shelf.

24-May-15
The econoline models kill deer very dead. There is no reason to spend a lot of money for a crossbow.

25-May-15
A broken one.

26-May-15
You are right PassThrough, you can go to your local Wally-World sporting goods section and pick up a couple of different Barnett brands for $299 - $399.... or at least you can here in my neck of the woods in VA

26-May-15
"A broken one."

Ha Ha...

I thought about posting that myself.

28-May-15
PSE came out with this package for a little over $300. I would think it would be a good choice for shooting deer out to 30-35 yards. For those of you who haven't shot a crossbow, they are loud. But here in Md. I've never had a deer duck the string. But then my shots have been pretty close.

28-May-15

PassThrough's Link
I meant to attach this link.

29-May-15
Who would have thought Pete Shepley himself would produce a crossbow and promote the use of them. He must want to destroy the archery community. These fly by night companies, just here for a dollar. Why dont companies that have been around for more than 30 years stand up and stop this?

That was sarcasm.

James

29-May-15
The wrap around one, around a tree.

30-May-15
Capitalism. Even the Big Companies started out small, so knew industry keeps us rolling. It's the American way

30-May-15
Mud flap . $$$$$$$$. Ethics have lost out to the dollar. Same everywhere. I'm all for capitalism. But I don't think they should be alloed in our bow seasons. But the commissioners disagreed. Jmo

• Sitka Gear