sawtooth 21-May-15
Mike F 21-May-15
Naz 21-May-15
sawtooth 21-May-15
CaptMike 21-May-15
Redclub 24-May-15
20-May-15

>>>--arrow1-->'s Link
http://www.wkow.com/story/29075187/2015/05/15/dnr-will-recommend-antlerless-deer-ban-for-13-counties

20-May-15
Definitely the right decision. I hope this means youth tags can't be used in those counties too.

20-May-15
I wish they would have included the northern Marinette county forest land zone as well.

20-May-15
They forgot Lincoln County.

20-May-15
Should add Washburn as well

20-May-15
Kudo's to the NRB. Wonder who might be the one leading that charge?

21-May-15
I could be wrong Captain but as I read this it is the DNR asking the NRB for this and not the NRB pushing for this.

"The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources(DNR) plans to ask its board later this month to prohibit hunters from killing antlerless deer in 13 counties in an effort to regrow the herd."

Hate to say it too, but this is common sense and a no-brainer. The buck only counties last year should remain as such this year until the historically low deer herd in the north can rebound.

This is good news but 100% expected and anything short of this common sense move would cause an uprising in the north. What is needed out of this is not allowing anyone (i.e youths) to use an anterless tag in those areas.

21-May-15
Agree, should be NO youth antlerless tags. We should scorn any hunter who shoots an antlerless deer in these areas, youth or adult.

21-May-15
I agree to the antlerless policy where the herd is in poor shape.

I also agree that there should be no anlterless tags to be used in any of these zones.

The scorn should be put upon the lawmakers allowing antlerless tags to be used in these zones.

Who are we to judge the hunter when given the opportunity to harvest an antlerless deer. The government allows this. These deer are harvested by legal means. No law was broken if a legally obtained tag was used.

The failure of allowing antlerless tags to be issued falls squarely on the DNR, elected officials and the NRB board.

I will not fault a fellow hunter who legally follows the law.

Who am I to judge??

Morals are a funny thing. They are pushed by many, yet few understand the true meaning......

21-May-15
This is coming from the county CDACs, but as of now not sounding like antlerless-only will mean just that unless they go public soon with the change of not allowing youth hunters (disabled and vets too?) to target antlerless in buck-only units.

As always, many thousands of bonus tags will not be sold in farm country. Without EAB, the herds in the central farmland will soon be over the top, good for those who like seeing a pile of deer but not the best if you want to see the highest quality whitetails an area can produce. There will also be further year-round habitat erosion in many areas, something that can come back to bite you in the future.

21-May-15
Law makers do not shoot the deer, hunters do. We do not need laws and government to guide our lives and determine what is right, as if they know 100% of the time.......... If there are not enough deer in your neck of the woods, stop shooting them!!! If you do shoot them, stop complaining about the populations as you are part of the problem.

21-May-15
County CDAC's are a good thing. Hopefully they are working.

24-May-15
I loved the results of EAB in Waupaca Co. especially the larger bucks but I just cannot shoot a doe. Those 13 counties should close the season IMO. It is so bad

• Sitka Gear