sagittarius 20-May-15
mainecheesehead 20-May-15
happygolucky 20-May-15
oldhunter 21-May-15
TrapperJack 21-May-15
GoJakesGo 22-May-15
Jeff in MN 22-May-15
20-May-15
live in eau claire & lost power to a freezer in the garage a few days ago - everything in it is spoiled including 3 deer - it's going again now & the smell has subsided - any ideas as to what to do w/the ruined meat?

20-May-15
Freeze some for trapping bait this fall?

20-May-15
Davebow - if the answer were obvious I wouldn't have asked for suggestions - I live in city limits so give me your address & I'll gladly dispose of it on your property

20-May-15
I have found that local apartment complex dumpsters serve this purpose well :)

Sorry about the loss. That really sucks.

21-May-15
If you have any zoos in the area, they may be interested as a donation for their meat eating animals. I did this some years ago with some spoiled wild game. Guess they used it to feed the coyotes, wolves, tigers, etc.Just a thought.

21-May-15
Just for that reason I have backup alarms on both of my freezers as well as a generator to supply power when I lose my main power.

22-May-15
^^^Agreed. Happened to me once. I was devastated. Now I have a few gallons of ice stored inside just in case I of power loss.

22-May-15
I killed power to our freezer for almost a month last summer. We were going to be gone so as usual I turned the electric breaker off for the well. The freezer breaker was above that and I tripped the wrong breaker. What a stink. Lost a whole deer, fortunately most of it was vac sealed or it would have been much worse.

We refroze what didn't stink too bad, put the bad stuff out on the hill out back where the ravens etc find it quick. Then replenished with the frozen on the same spot every week or so. It was all boneless so they had easy eating.

• Sitka Gear