Turkeyhunter 24-May-15
RUGER1022 24-May-15
razorhead 25-May-15
CaptMike 25-May-15
Phil F 25-May-15
10orbetter 27-May-15
happygolucky 27-May-15
22-May-15
fished for Trout at 4:30 am , called Turkeys at 9 am . Went to the graveyard at noon , small one north of Tomahawk to visit my parents . Red roses for Mom and a american flag with a USN pin for Dad . Hundreds of flags blowing in the wind on a bright sunny day . Made you proud to be an American .

Remember

22-May-15
Nice post Ruger!

22-May-15
Amen, a good day.

22-May-15
Thanks for posting Ruger.

22-May-15
Outstanding post Ruger. We need to remember what is really important. It all goes too fast but we can savor the memories always.

22-May-15
At a cemetery yesterday, to bury second landowner friend in the past six months. Couldn't help but notice all the sprucing up around the many veterans' plots. Thanks to all, past and present and future, for the freedom we enjoy.

22-May-15
Great post!

22-May-15
4:30am how was the fishing? Its been very cold up in the UP, just got home. Caught only 1 trout yesterday, and that was mid day.......

Always Remember - Good Post Ruger, you and I are the lucky ones, as well as others here

My memorial day is always, about them, and fly your flags proud.................

God Bless America, and God Bless all of our troops

22-May-15
Got 2 decent Brookies but once the temp got above 50 the Skeeters came in waves.

I walked around looking at head stones, people dieing at 5 , 11 , 29 , 35 , and 39 . Suddenly my pains at 69 seemed minor. Very minor .

22-May-15
Thanks for reminding us what memorial day is about.

22-May-15
Both my parents have been gone for a while now. Great depression era kids, WWII navy...north west atlantic and pacific veteran. Hard working, great parents. Every day is Memorial Day for me.

22-May-15
Both my parents have been gone for a while now. Great depression era kids, WWII navy...north west atlantic and pacific veteran. Hard working, great parents. Every day is Memorial Day for me.

23-May-15
Enjoy memorial day. Don't forget to take a few minutes to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Plenty of heros in our generation. I walk among them everyday. Tom

24-May-15

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Originally called Decoration Day - Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died in service of our country.

The American Cemetery and Memorial is located in Colleville-sur-Mer on the bluff overlooking Omaha Beach in Normandy, France.

Dedicated in 1956 the Cemetery and Memorial is situated closely to the site of the temporary American St. Laurent Cemetery, established by the U.S. First Army on June 8, 1944 - the first American cemetery on European soil in World War II.

This hallowed ground is the final resting place of 9,387 of our military dead - most of whom lost their lives in the D-Day landings and ensuing operations. Upon the walls of the Garden of the Missing you will find inscribed an additional 1,557 names. Because old battlefields continue to yield their dead - rosettes mark the names of those since recovered and identified.

24-May-15
Very nice Turkey, in the late 60's I walked that same Cemetery and several others in Germany. I grew up that year. From a smart ass punk to having total respect for my Elders.

25-May-15
Today I shed a tear, than I shared a smile,,,,, and I thought back,,,,,,,,

Please take the time, to say a prayer, or a moment of silence, for those who did not return, from any tour of duty.....

NEVER FORGET

25-May-15
Amen!

25-May-15
God bless the fallen.

27-May-15

10orbetter's embedded Photo
10orbetter's embedded Photo
Memorial Day may be over but, don't let your respect and compassion end with the passing of the holiday. I stopped at the BP in Newburg today after checking one of my game cameras. It is a place that I frequent for gas and a soda whenever I head out to where I hunt. On my way in the store an older man passed me by headed for the Ozaukee/Washington County shared taxi stop. I noticed him because of his badly tattered clothing. I asked the women behind the counter what gives and pointed to the man. She said; "he had been stuck there for two hours". After paying for my soda I walked outside and called to the man asking if he needed a ride. He said; "sure if it wouldn't be any trouble". I asked him if he knew the way home, and he said; "sure do!" I told him to get in the front seat, that I would give him a lift. Once in my truck I introduced myself and asked his name. He replied "Mr. Michaels" and thanked me for the kindness. I asked if he was a veteran and he replied "yup"! I asked Korea? Mr. Michaels said; "nope, Nam 1964." I thanked him for his service and he replied "the last time anyone was this respectful they handed me the Bronze Star and Purple heart". I dropped him off at home and he thanked me again. A man is not measured by the cloths on his back, or the depths of his pockets, he is measured by what is in his soul! Thank you Mr. Michaels for your sacrifice!

27-May-15
Awesome story 10. Thanks for sharing!

• Sitka Gear