cuntrytocity 26-May-15
BowhunterVA33 26-May-15
CTBowslinger 28-May-15
GF 16-Jun-15
Bloodtrail 16-Jun-15
BOWMEN 16-Jun-15
Bloodtrail 17-Jun-15
22-May-15
Recently heard of a hunting club near Kent, and a guy up there... Manager, maybe?... Story was that he dumped 70-odd Coyotes last year and is already into the 70s so far in 2015.

I find it a little difficult to suspend my disbelief so completely... 150 dogs would ordinarily occupy a range of about 150-300+ sq miles.

I'd believe they're fairly thick, but I think I'm prepared to call boolschitts on this tale.

Anybody want to convince me otherwise?

23-May-15
GF

did he say he was getting them all on one property? I would definitely agree, there's no way he set up a blind and killed all those dogs from there.

It's antler shrink and how big was the one that got away. Gotta see it to believe it, and even then I would question if he shot them all.

23-May-15
"Heard of" is different from heard from.

23-May-15
I don't believe there would be enough food to contain that many dogs,I do alot of coyote hunting,if you takeout the alpha dog another dog will move in from another clan.I have seen that happen after shooting a alpha female,we had quite a few strange dogs come in. And also notice the spring was great calling in on distress puppy calls.More then normal.

24-May-15
It depends on the amount of food.My best year on one piece of property in Ct was 15 coyotes in one year.And the following year We only got 2.

26-May-15
Sounds far fetched to me.

26-May-15
sounds far fetched to me also, and why would you want to kill so many that it could possibly have a negative affect on the eco-system. while most of us may not like coyotes or other predators, they do play a vital role.

26-May-15
Perhaps he is using a multiplier ala DEEP and deer surveys? :p

28-May-15
Canaan and Kent areas of the state have a large population of coyote. Having said that 140 in 2 years is like saying you landed a 18# German Brown out of a stream.

However if he said he's bagged 35 in the past 2 years and he's hunting there in that corner of the state it's possible, just not likely.

And please remember that coyote have 0 predators in our state to keep them in check so their role in our ecosystem is likely minimal. Especially if the DEEP has said shoot on sight.

16-Jun-15
Is the DEEP now encouraging coyote hunting? Hadn't seen that, but I've not been following too close...

16-Jun-15
Doesn't matter.....kill every one you can.

16-Jun-15
People don't realize that when one coyote gets take out of the clan,another one moves in. Especially if it was dog in the upper pecking order.

17-Jun-15
So BOWMEN, are you saying that you should let them walk?

I say kill that one and the one that moves in and the next and the next....

If I get a chance on a deer stand to kill a coyote I will. I have had friends pass them thinking that if they try to kill it, their hunt is ruined.....only later do they realize that they made a mistake by not killing it.

Kill them.

• Sitka Gear