bigbuckbob 25-May-15
Gene 25-May-15
cuntrytocity 26-May-15
tobywon 26-May-15
nehunter 26-May-15
23-May-15

ROBZ7's embedded Photo
ROBZ7's embedded Photo
Well went out today again to give turkey hunting another try. And well what a day. Worked birds all morning and after 4-5 jakes here comes 2 nice gobblers was able to tag both. One was an exceptional bird 11 inch beard, 1.5 inch Spurs , true trophy the other was 10 inch beard and 1 inch Spurs . Incredible hunt !!!!

23-May-15

ROBZ7's embedded Photo
ROBZ7's embedded Photo

23-May-15

ROBZ7's embedded Photo
ROBZ7's embedded Photo

23-May-15
cool beans dude,congrats!!!

23-May-15
Awesome! Congrats!

23-May-15
Well done!

23-May-15
Great job,Two beautiful birds.WAY TO GO.

23-May-15
That's Awesome. Good Job!!

23-May-15
nice rob! I was out with my 3 sons this am saw nothing. But at least had fun.

24-May-15
Congrats

24-May-15
2 adult toms with a bow!!! Now that's some good hunting skills Rob! Where's the rest of the story? You make it sound so easy, and we all know it's not. Share how it all happened please. Love to hear it.

24-May-15
Well honestly had very little expectations because I had taken my first turkey two weeks ago . Went out to this spot again because I knew there was a group of 4 jakes , even though I wasn't going to take them I figured if there's jakes maybe a Tom will walk by too. So around 745 here come the 4 jakes and they beat up on my jake decoy pretty good and I had a great time getting video of all of this. After about 20 minutes of fun they started walking away and I let em go because I wanted to fix my set up since they knocked down my decoys. Snuck out and started calling couple soft yelps and here they come again. I figured as long as I kept the commotion in area with all the gobbles and the jakes that maybe a Tom would walk by. After an hour of this I started cutting a little bit and sure enough a different gobble at a distance . They responded every time I cut and once they spotted the decoy setup they came in on a string to beat on the jake decoy. I took one the other proceeded to beat on him as he was floping hit him right in chest above beard he dropped right there , then the other one came back to beat on the jake decoy and I hit him square in the head ( I was pretty pumped hitting his head at 15 yards with only a slick tricks but practice paid off) .

24-May-15
Awesome story

25-May-15
Rob

love it! Thanks for sharing the hunt. Sounds like one of those days where every decision you made was the right one and that comes with experience and knowledge.

One thing I started doing is writing down a brief hunt description just like the one you provided and tacking it up with the beard or antlers. As you get older, your memory fades but not the words on the paper.

25-May-15
That's pretty awesome to have a 3 bird season and especially something to have done it with a bow! Congrats! I've taken 2 birds myself this season but with my trusty Mossberg 12. I am trying for a 3 bird ending and hopefully it is with the gobbler that I have not been able to call in.

26-May-15
Congratulations!!

26-May-15
Nice,congrats

26-May-15
Great job , that memory will last a long time!

• Sitka Gear