Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
Dr. Deer 25-May-15
spike78 25-May-15
CTCrow 26-May-15
Bloodtrail 26-May-15
bigbuckbob 26-May-15
25-May-15
I just read that an 8 oz. beef steak costs about 920 gallons of water. The equivalent of a 7 hour shower. Figured by the amount of water the animal drinks, and goes into watering his feed. That's a good reason to eat deer.

25-May-15
Yup, cows like gold now. I used to work in the meat dept 12 years ago and prices have gone through the roof since then. Its making it easier to catch up to the money spent on hunting deer when you are successful.

26-May-15
So, the steak I ate yesterday was the equivalent of drinking 2,760 galons of water? Crap! no wonder I fell so full.

26-May-15
It costs way less to go buy steak than it ever will to kill a deer. Don't ever try to quantify it....tags, gas, equipment, etc.

If you ever did the math on what you buy for deer hunting and the boned out meat you put in your freezer...the price of venison would astound you.

Kind of like buying a $100k boat to catch fluke and then saying the fish are free.

26-May-15
Doc Deer

careful now!! I'm betting that bit of "fact" came from tree-hugging, animal rights group that wants us all to eat greens, twigs and bark.

I've had a watered down drink, but never a watered-down steer.

• Sitka Gear