bleydon 10-Jun-15
CTCrow 10-Jun-15
onepin 10-Jun-15
steve 10-Jun-15
notme 10-Jun-15
03-Jun-15
SUNDAY HUNTING PASSED!!!

03-Jun-15
We needed 17 to pass and got 28. I was counting the green lights and let out a loud F@^%* YEAH! in the office and everyone was looking at me weird.

THANKS YOU ALL THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE!!!

03-Jun-15
A big Hooray for us!!!!!!!! Congrats to everyone who helped make this happn

03-Jun-15
Just talked to Bob Duff, it's true he made it his first bill today. He held up his end of the deal. Truly a victory for us.

03-Jun-15
!

03-Jun-15
I'm still sitting here letting it sink in. I watched it happen, glad I wasn't dreaming. Thanks and congratulations to everyone who has fought for this.

Definitely thanks are called for so let's make sure we let our legislators know we appreciate this.

03-Jun-15
Does Malloy still need to sign it in before it is "official"?

03-Jun-15
Statement of Purpose: To authorize Sunday hunting of deer with bow and arrow on private property provided such property is in a deer management zone and such hunting is done in accordance with certain wildlife management principles. Bill History: 01/22/15 REFERRED TO JOINT COMMITTEE ON Environment Committee 03/16/15 PUBLIC HEARING 03/20 03/25/15 JOINT FAVORABLE SUBSTITUTE 03/26/15 FILED WITH LEGISLATIVE COMMISSIONERS' OFFICE 04/06/15 REFERRED TO OFFICE OF LEGISLATIVE RESEARCH AND OFFICE OF FISCAL ANALYSIS 04/13/15-10:00 AM 04/13/15 REPORTED OUT OF LEGISLATIVE COMMISSIONERS' OFFICE 04/13/15 FAVORABLE REPORT, TABLED FOR THE CALENDAR, HOUSE 04/13/15 HOUSE CALENDAR NUMBER 366 04/13/15 FILE NUMBER 576 05/27/15 HOUSE PASSED 05/28/15 IMMEDIATE TRANSMITTAL TO THE SENATE 05/30/15 FAVORABLE REPORT, TABLED FOR THE CALENDAR, SENATE 05/30/15 SENATE CALENDAR NUMBER 604 06/03/15 SENATE PASSED 06/03/15 IN CONCURRENCE Co-sponsor(s): Rep. Charles J. Ferraro, 117th Dist. Rep. John T. Shaban, 135th Dist. Rep. Ezequiel Santiago, 130th Dist. Rep. Cara Christine Pavalock, 77th Dist. Rep. Ben McGorty, 122nd Dist. Rep. Melissa H. Ziobron, 34th Dist. Rep. Linda A. Orange, 48th Dist. Rep. David Arconti, 109th Dist. Rep. Steven Stafstrom, 129th Dist. Rep. David W. Kiner, 59th Dist. Rep. Christopher Rosario, 128th Dist. Rep. J.P. Sredzinski, 112th Dist.

03-Jun-15
It goes to Malloy for a signature and we can hunt Sundays starting 10/01/15.

I just wrote emails to my rep (135th Dist. Rep. Ezequiel Santiago) and Bob Duff for bring in it up for a vote.

03-Jun-15
Malloy has to sign the bill to make it official but he is on record as saying he would sign it if it got to his desk.

03-Jun-15
What am I gonna do in the off season now?

SUNDAY HUNTING - ALL GAME ALL IMPLEMENTS.

03-Jun-15
GREAT NEWS DAVE JUST CALLED ME .Will have to call Bob Duff and thank him !!PS My wife is not happy lol

03-Jun-15
GREAT NEWS DAVE JUST CALLED ME .Will have to call Bob Duff and thank him !!PS My wife is not happy lol

03-Jun-15
Awesome job to all those that emailed and called!! Little steps and the first is always the hardest!!

03-Jun-15
Wow. Never thought it would happen.

03-Jun-15
Just sent Bob a big thank you !!!!! Told him he just made a lot of sportsman happy .

03-Jun-15

SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo

03-Jun-15
Do you have a link for that pic Smoothie?

03-Jun-15
The map was forwarded to me via email from Rep Kiner via William Hyatt, Environmental Committee. Check your private msg Ed.

03-Jun-15
when will it go to malloy to be signed?

03-Jun-15
when will it go to malloy to be signed?

03-Jun-15
my fe wasn't real happy when I told her too.

03-Jun-15
Should we call malloy to express our support to sign it? NOW I AM GLAD I MADE THE PHONE CALLS WAS LOSING HOPE AND ALMOST DID NOTHING. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HARD WORK.

03-Jun-15
I told the wife the good news. I can now hunt Saturday and Sunday. She clarified that it not Saturday and Sunday. It is Saturday OR Sunday. :-(

03-Jun-15
Steve my wife said me hunting on Sunday builds a stronger relationship !!! Lol

03-Jun-15
Well guys I know a good divorce lawyer,All kidding aside,we all owe a Hugh thanks to all that worked hard to get it passed ..THANKS

03-Jun-15
Got this from my rep.

Hi Ed:

Persistence pays my friend, so glad this has been done finally. It was your lobbying which made the difference. Enjoy your hunting with your son and let me know how else I can help in the future.

Regards, Ezequiel

03-Jun-15
Im usually optimistic about things but I really do not trust Malloy so Im not doing any happy dances yet. Sorry its just the way I feel about these idiots. Thanks to all that supported the bill. I truly hope my feelings are wrong!

03-Jun-15
Victory at last! thanks to everyone who did something to help. It's been a long road to get here.

03-Jun-15
Not over til the fat lady signs (yes - signs, not sings lol).

Let's hope Malloy follows through

03-Jun-15
Great work everyone! Nice to see the system actually work every now and again.

04-Jun-15
Thank you to everybody who spearheaded this for the last several years. As with others I'm not celebrating yet until our governor signs it. (Not like he's said one thing and done other things before) we should not relax now biut dig in our heels as a group and keep going to get rid of these rediculous laws that this state has. Good job to all that worked so hard for this.

04-Jun-15
wow....im really proud of everyone that made this happen, I wasn't sure it ever would. hopefully the gov stays true to his word!

04-Jun-15
Many wives and girlfriends all over the state woke up depressed and despairing this morning. Lol

On a more serious note men, do not let Sunday hunting displace the importance of putting your family first. It would be horrible if we gained a hunting day but forgot about the ones who should be most cherished by us.

Amen

04-Jun-15
DT,

I've known several families that had serious problems because the man of the house was obsessed with hunting to the point where he neglected wife and kids. As a pastor and counselor, I'm not saying that this is the problem of the entire hunting community, but I am saying that I've dealt with it multiple times because a man was conquered by his unquenchable obsession to shoot deer.

If it doesn't apply to you, don't worry about it??. But I imagine there are several people on this site that have had blow-ups in the hind because of hunting.

04-Jun-15
Many of these guys probably have wives who are looking to get them OUT of the house more!

I think we need to make sure that Dan Malloy signs this, I called his office this morning and told his aide that Dan has told several people, including his brother, (who is a Hunter), that if a Sunday Hunting bill got to his desk he would sign it.

His bother also told me that Dan was surprised to find out that you COULDN'T hunt on Sundays.

Nice job to all those who worked for this. It was 20 years of effort. And to those who sat on the sidelines, perhaps there is a lesson here, help out, work for what you want, and good things can happen.

Tons of people said they wanted Sunday Hunting, but when you look at the names of those who submitted testimony, a lot of names were/are missing. And a bunch of Anti Hunters took the time to write against it.

Again, great job by all involved. Bob Duff being the Majority Leader this year made the difference. Several guys here who live in his district, (and several others I know who are not on this site) Lobbied him hard, and he had the guts and integrity to step up and let the bill be called.

Let's all remember to thank Pat, and Bob Crook, who have worked long and hard on the Front Lines for this!

In the Legislature the work of 4 people stands out: Reps Melissa Ziobron, Craig Minor and John Shaban, and Senator Cathy Osten.

Thanks for all your work Pat!

04-Jun-15
every article ive read said deer season runs thru nov 17..i dont remember seeing that in the bill or is it just uninformed media ?

04-Jun-15
Uninformed media.

04-Jun-15
I don't like the bill, but if you guys are happy with it, I am happy for you.

Interestingly I am been checking in the HSUS CT facebook periodically. Figure if I don't like the bill, at least I can get some satisfaction from other side squirming about it.

They had a post up earlier this morning about contacting Malloy and urging him to veto. That has since been removed. Now there is no mention about the Sunday Hunting bill passing. Not sure what that means, but I find it odd.

04-Jun-15
They might've removed it from their FB because they want us to relax while they launch an all out attack having all their members call the Gov. They still sent out e-mails to their subscribers.

Call the governor today.

Governor Dan Malloy

STATE CAPITOL

210 CAPITOL AVENUE

HARTFORD, CT 06106

TEL: (860) 566-4840

TOLL-FREE: (800) 406-1527

TDD: (860) 524-7397

FAX: (860) 524-7395

05-Jun-15
Dose anyone know if this bill is for any private land? I have permission to hunt some private land. Can I hunt this on Sundays even though it's not my private land? or is this bill only for private land that the Hunter owns himself? -Duncan

05-Jun-15
Duncan,

you made a big deal about being against Sunday hunting not long agao. Now you mean to tell me you didn't even know what this bill was about?

Well, to answer your question, NO. You don't have to own the land. If the land owner gives you permission and signs your slip, YOU CAN HUNT SUNDAY. If a blazed trail goes thru the property, you have to be at least 40 feet away.

05-Jun-15
CtCrow my thread wasn't about this bill. The point was to try and show how dumb the current law was. I ended up being confussed as an Anti and didnt' get my point across very well. Thanks for all you've do to get this bill in front of the Gov. -Duncan

05-Jun-15
only if your in a canoe duncan..lol

05-Jun-15
Duncan you can be against it if you choose but dont try and take others with you. We worked hard to get this thru. i myself made numerous calls to show my SUPPORT along with my fellow bowhunters. I dont get to hunt during the week at all due to work and family committments.To have a couple extra hrs on a sunday is fantastic. Usually at church till noon and a few chores at home then maybe 2 hrs to hunt sunday eve...Yahoo As a bowhunter,I cant understand why you would be against it but thats your choice. So let us enjoy our choice and hunt our PRIVATE LAND Thx again to all who supported this bill.

05-Jun-15
Duncan, now you can rock climb and hunt on Sundays on private land. But you can't hunt from your kayak.

05-Jun-15
Sorry I brought it up.

Hey! Leave Duncan alone. He is making his calls too. Right D?

05-Jun-15
Ed , We're good Right?

05-Jun-15
I'm Sorry Most guys missed my point of the Sunday hunting thread. I guess I blame myself for not typing the right words to get my point across. I've made more calls, emails than you could understand. Don't worry about what I do, look into your self. Congrats to CtCrow and all the others who have worked to get this thread through the House and Senat, Now we see what Dan will do.- Duncan

06-Jun-15
Everyone worked hard now that it passed.

06-Jun-15
If so many did so much for so long then why did we have to literally beg people to call, write and Email every year to get this passed? I, like Pat, and many others, fought this fight for many years and, to use Pat's expression, "became jaded", over the complacent, "let somebody else do the fighting for me" attitude of most CT bow hunters. We can all hope that this gets signed by Malloy and is a victory, but don't forget the soldiers like the United Bowhunters of Connecticut, Del Delmastro, Jim Antipas, George Marsh, or Bob Crook and the many other people like Pat that got off their butts and fought this fight for many, many years. I tip my hat to all of you that helped bring this issue forward through out the years.

06-Jun-15
Nutmeg too...Rich Potter fought for this harder than most of us. Wish you still lived in CT Nutmeg.

08-Jun-15
Lets keep are fingers crossed .

09-Jun-15
Has the gov.signed the bill yet,Does anyone know?

09-Jun-15

VanInVTown's Link
No he hasn't signed the bill yet...the bill number is HB6034, you can follow the link,and the last column shows if the Gov. signed it or if it was Vetoed!

09-Jun-15
Give him time, he's got other important issues and is busy signing other bills like HB-6100 AN ACT DESIGNATING SPINAL MUSCULAR ATROPHY WITH RESPIRATORY DISTRESS AWARENESS DAY AND DWARFISM AWARENESS MONTH.

09-Jun-15
so no more midget toss?

09-Jun-15
You can still toss them. You just have to make them aware for one month a year.

09-Jun-15
I just heard he signed it.

09-Jun-15
Can anyone confirm this?

09-Jun-15
They told me that a press release will be issued later this afternoon about which Bills got signed today.

It will be on his website as well. Probably by 4 pm.

Fingers crossed!

09-Jun-15
I just spoke to a member of his staff and he couldn't confirm that the bill was signed yet. He did say that the governor is signing a few bills today and sunday hunting could be among them.

anybody else heard anything?

09-Jun-15
does this mean my garden gnomes get a month off ?

09-Jun-15

CTCrow's Link
Nothing yet.

@4:29

09-Jun-15
does anybody now what the legal requirements are to be a dwarf and would nancy wyman be there queen ?

09-Jun-15
I was just informed by a reliable source that the Governor will not be signing the bill today and that the bill is currently being reviewed.

Keep making your calls.

Governor Dan Malloy

TEL: (860) 566-4840

09-Jun-15
He wants something ! Same old crap ! Havering every boby voting yes isn't enough !

09-Jun-15
malloy did fight a deli owner for 10 yrs for a 6ft easement while mayor...if we give him back his dwarf can we keep sunday hunting ?

09-Jun-15
This is bs, this pos needs to be voted out of office, I'm so sick of these tyrant a**holes, it makes me sick. We need to get rid of the career politicians. Absolute nonsense, the people have spoken, the house has spoken the senate has spoken. I'm sorry but it's a done deal sir.... I'm sick of the back room bs. Ok I'll finish my rant now. "Hard to soar like and eagle when your surrounded by a bunch of political turkeys"

09-Jun-15
Did I miss SOMETHING is there a good chance now this will not go through. I feel the same Dave, did lots of e-mailing and calling over the years. I remember when they had the sunday hunting meetings at the clubs, attended those also. Hope It goes thru we are calling every day. Al

09-Jun-15
I don't think he is going to veto it. If he doesn't veto it, it will become law on 6/18-19.

Dems were taking credit in their official legislative website for passing the bill.

I think he will sign it but we have to keep making calls.

EVERYONE SHOULD CALL TOMORROW.

10-Jun-15
state element should be turd.

10-Jun-15
half of my skull is titanium,would that make me tax exempt ?

10-Jun-15
This is why I hate politics

10-Jun-15
SWK,

if the legislature is in seesion, he has 5 days to sign or veto. If he doesn' sign it becomes law. When the legislature is not in session, he has 15 days to sign or veto.

Any adult under 4'10" is tossable for 11 month. Be aware on month 12.

10-Jun-15
Phone calls made, come on guys keep calling!!! We need to make so many calls its borderline harassment.

10-Jun-15
Yes SWK, the bill passed the senate and was transmitted to the governor on 6/3. Since he has 15 days to sign(8 left), it would become law on 6/19 at 12:01 am. if he fails to sign. I don't know why but I have the feeling that he might not sign it and just let it become law. That way he can tell antis that he didn't sign it because he is on their side and he can tell sportsmen he didn't veto it because he is on our side. I hope I'm wrong and he sign the bill soon.

10-Jun-15
Crow, I was thinking the same thing, a politician playing both sides, crazy huh, who'd a thunk it?

If he doesn't sign it and just allows it to become law, Sportsmen will owe him NOTHING! And he will be confirmed as a liar once again.

10-Jun-15
Just called and told if he does not sign that it would become law by default. Its just the review process as it also goes to Secretary of State. I was also informed that he did not sign the budget yet. We can check Malloy's the web site as its update will bills he signed. How ever I think we should keep calling 1-800-406-1527 House Bill 6034

10-Jun-15

CTCrow's Link
SWK,

Is that CT law?

in CT, "The bill becomes law if:

1. the governor signs it;

2. the governor fails to sign within 5 days during the legislative session or 15 days after adjournment"

10-Jun-15
While we are in the process of seeking to persuade our good Governor to sign this sensible Legislation, would it be too much to ask to refrain from defaming the very person we seek to convince on this publicly accessible forum that is monitored by the antis. I am sure most if not all of that is being done by trolls seeking to undermine our efforts and make us look bad, and any further such comment will conclusively be by someone seeking to submarine the effort.

10-Jun-15
Did my 1:30 call. Anyone else calling?

10-Jun-15
Called to sign and AGREE with BLEYDON. We need to be nice to the one who is responsible to get this done right. Antis may be just lying in wait or showing this forum.

10-Jun-15
He works for us ! Dosnt he know that !

10-Jun-15
what i think of the guy should have no bearing on anything..it passed he should sign end of story.. For the good of the cause ill refrane..

• Sitka Gear