Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
Naz 05-Jun-15
WausauDug 05-Jun-15
Naz 05-Jun-15
sawtooth 05-Jun-15
05-Jun-15

Naz 's Link
The JFC recently voted against Gov. Walker's proposal to eliminate the Stewardship Program. Despite the high cost, it was one of the most popular programs in the state according to polls and had bipartisan support. The group did vote to decrease the spending, again, which I think is a good move. It's been downsized a number of times through the years, by both parties. Once gone, there's no getting those top-quality parcels back for public use. I believe we'll be seeing more easements without purchasing, too, the kind that allow public access yet keep the lands on the tax rolls.

05-Jun-15
thank goodness. This was sold to us as selling off all the oddball parcels that no one can use except adjoining landowners which makes sense. But the suspension on future purchases w/ the program was ridiculous. The article in WON by Randy Stark pretty much nailed it. I'm conservative but this made me seriously question Scotty

05-Jun-15
More info here on the $4.6 million cut to state parks and the 18 DNR science positions.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/local/door-co/sports/2015/06/05/outdoors-stewardship-saved-parks-science-takes-hit/28542539/

05-Jun-15
Not enough tax paying, job creating Republicans to foot the bills. We need less government handouts and more people to pay taxes. EVERYBODY should pay into the system except Veterans who have served this great nation and already paid their debt in service.

• Sitka Gear