Zinger 17-Jun-15
Antler Whore 17-Jun-15
Bobbin hood 17-Jun-15
Phil F 18-Jun-15
Jake21 26-Jul-15
RutNut@work 27-Jul-15
Bergs 27-Jul-15
11-Jun-15
We need an actual archery/bowhunting related thread. So what is everyone shooting this year. I am shooting a Mathews No Cam HTR and Victory VAP arrows. I am a bow junky and usually buy 3 or 4 bows a year. But I REALLY like this bow. I think I will be sticking with this one for awhile. It's no speed bow, but so quiet and forgiving. I think it really will be a sweet hunting bow.

11-Jun-15
Robertson recurve, Brandywine wood arrows tipped with Bear greenies trying from the ground this year.

11-Jun-15
Pasq, that is soo much cooler than my set up. I'm jealous.

11-Jun-15
64" Bear Super Kodiak, GT Traditionals tipped with 175 gr VPA broadheads.

11-Jun-15
Not really Rut. It is based on what you want out of it. I lost the passion with the Switchback but still had the love of archery hunting if that makes sense. Went back and forth for years until the desire to keep it simple overtook the other.

If I was starving, I wouldnt rely on my ground stalking ability thats for sure! But each year I try and hope to connect some day.

I have some pretty funny stories especially during the rut! Thought I was going to get run over numerous times! The Wensels Im not! (refering to video "Hunting October Whitetails" if you have ever seen it)

11-Jun-15
The same PSE X Force I've used for the last couple years. I thought of getting a new one but this is fast (325) and shoots great so why change? That said I give it a 50/50 chance that I won't actually get a new one by fall!

11-Jun-15
Still shooting my circa 2002 Mathews rival pro with easton a/c pro hunters. My rival pro has killed a lot of animals,but it might be time to finally upgrade.

I shot the hoyts and the no cam, but think I m going to buy a Chill X.

11-Jun-15
I forgot to add my broadheads. Looking at trying the QAD Exodus this year. I will also shoot my old standby Magnus Snuffer SS and Rage 2 blades.

12-Jun-15
I hope to take a bear on my own terms here in Wisconsin with my RER recurve, xx75 2117 shafts with 125 grain Hellrazor broadheads.

If I can't get comfortable with that bow at 20 yards I Will use my Bear Attack, Gold Tip Shafts and Hellrazor broadheads.

Deer season I will use the same setup and hope to spend more time in the stand late season - it's my favorite time of the season.

12-Jun-15
Well another good thread is tainted by the king d.bag himself. Pat maybe legal action to keep RC away.

12-Jun-15
Hunting with my Bruin TD. A friend and I are working on securing permission for 3 new properties in Manitowoc county. We've put in three ground blinds and a ladder stand on a property we picked up last year that borders Collins Marsh. The coming season is looking good.

12-Jun-15
Trusty old Mathews Classic, and a long bow as soon as I buy one. Boy, me and that Mathews have killed some nice deer. I shot a Darton before I bought the Mathews and shot instinctive. I did harvest a couple of nice deer but nothing like I have since with a single pin vertical. I am big on keeping it simple and quick to acquire a target. The longer I have to watch a target, the less successful I am.

12-Jun-15
since my injury is healing well, per my doctor visit this am, I will be back shooting in a month.....

Checkmate Falcon 53# arrows are douglas fir.... broadhead bh a 3 blade Razor Cap or 2 blade Magnus,,, thunderhorn quiver.......

this set up is dead quiet.......

12-Jun-15
Two Feathers- is Mike still making Bruins?

12-Jun-15
Pasquinell - He is but not like back in the day!

13-Jun-15
Whippen Stick Phoenix take down, Easton 2117's, & Magnus Stingers 4 blade.

13-Jun-15
Oh, I did forget those wonderfully efficient Thunder heads. 125 Grain.

13-Jun-15
Who shoots Thunderheads,,,125 or 100ss? a sport shop in the UP is going to go away, Don is going to retire, and he is planning a big sale, at his shop,,,, anyway, he has packs of those heads,,,,,,,

13-Jun-15
My son shot them a lot and liked them. Not sure if he still is or switched to something else.

14-Jun-15
I shoot 125 grain. Only head I've ever used.

14-Jun-15
shoot thunder head 100 gr,love them

15-Jun-15

10orbetter's embedded Photo
10orbetter's embedded Photo
Here is why I love Thunder heads. Shot this buck in 2011 and hit him high in the shoulder. It busted through the shoulder blade, cut an artery and was tip to tip in the opposite shoulder with a mechanical that did not open all the way. Just wish his rack would not have been so busted up. This buck was an absolute warrior. He had fight scars everywhere.

15-Jun-15
Hard to say, most of my bowhunting life (37 years this fall!) has been with a recurve in my hand, but failing eyes and the inability to see to pick a spot much over 10 yards clearly enough has me thinking I might need to go to a pin system that the compounds offer. I have a Mission X3 I bought a while back when I thought I was going on a hunt where I'd need to shoot as far out as 60-80 yards (Nevada mulies), so maybe I'll dig that out and wipe off the dust?? I'm conflicted though because I really enjoy the simplicity of my old stick bow and wooden arrows. Incidentally, I've shot Zwickeys and Thunderhead 100's my whole life and both have served me very well.

Maybe before I do anything I should go see the eye doctor and inquire to Lasik...that would fix everything by the sounds of it...and if it does keep your eyes peeled (no pun intended) on the classifieds for a hardly used Mission X3! lol

17-Jun-15
Sky Conquest or TradTech Titan recurve, Beman ICS arrows, Ace Standard heads.

17-Jun-15
Mathews HTR NoCam 58#'s Trophy Ridge 5 pin react sight Mathews T-Series 5 arrow quiver B-Stinger 6" Stabilizer Whisker Biscuit rest Tru-fire Hardcore release Easton Nemeses 400 with nocturnal nocks 100 Grain Magnus Stingers

17-Jun-15
I'm going back to my trusty 3 blade 100gr Muzzys this year also. Last year I decided to try the Rage Hypodermics. The Rage worked great on both deer I shot with good, short bloodtrails but nothing better than the 3 blade Muzzy and the Muzzy is a lot less expensive.

17-Jun-15
Same set up I shot in 2005..

Ultratec Spiral 54 lbs or so Gold tip 22's Thunderhead 125s Trophy Taker Original Target 4 Release Trophy Ridge sight.. (Newest part of the setup)

plenty fast ...super quiet and a true tack driver hold at FD.. prolly will never part with it or find something I like better.

Hard to beat a setup you trust..Have tried several new bows since but always end up listing them in lew of the UT...

17-Jun-15
Shooting my 58" Dwyer Endeavor 54#s! Douglas fir shafts, fletched 4"x4" with 125gr. 4 blade Zwicky Eskimo's! I have never had one animal complain yet!

Good Luck this fall!

18-Jun-15
Bear Montana. 35/55 carbon arrows with Zwicky No Mercy broadheads. I also shoot a Mathews Creed XS. 400 FMJ arrow tipped with a 2 blade Rage.

26-Jul-15
This year will be my first full season with my Mathews Creed XS, shot the Mathews Outback for the past 6 seasons and didn't think it could get any better than that, boy was I wrong! I'll also be shooting Maxima Reds with NAP Killzones to make my tracking job easier :). Sometime in the near future I would love to get into shooting a recurve until I am comfortable enough to take it out with me.

27-Jul-15
I know in my first post in this thread I said I wan't buying multiple bows this year. Well where's the fun in that. I just bought another, a Obsession Fusion 6. Great bow, very easy and forgiving to shoot for a 356 IBO speed bow. Best part is it's pretty quick and very quiet and vibe free.

27-Jul-15
I will be using my Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT 34, CBE Sight, QAD, Radial XWeave 300pros with slick trick standards. Probably switch to the Griz Trick for bear hunting this September

• Sitka Gear