BC173 19-Jun-15
Brad Gehman 19-Jun-15
Rut Nut 19-Jun-15
Bob McArthur 21-Jun-15
BC173 21-Jun-15
Gene 22-Jun-15
X-Master 24-Jun-15
11-Jun-15
Tuesday at 10:30 AM, the NRA will announce, in the capitol rotunda, their Sunday hunting bill.

12-Jun-15
Does it have a chance, Brad?

12-Jun-15
No idea at this point Roy.

Will wait to see who and how many sponsors they have.

In Virginia, last year, NRA hired a lobbyist, and also used a grassroots org, similar to HUSH, to get it thru on private lands down there.

The last legislative attempt had a lukewarm response from NRA, but this time, it may have a great deal more from national NRA.

We will see.

13-Jun-15
All for it as long as it includes tougher trespass laws or it would be just another day of patrols.

15-Jun-15
Well, here's hoping the NRA can bring some influence! You guys gave it a great try Brad- maybe NRA will be the difference maker. Time will tell. Thanks for your part in this Brad!

15-Jun-15
Is the Farm Bureau still opposing?

16-Jun-15
http://fox43.com/2015/06/16/lawmakers-push-for-sunday-hunting/

16-Jun-15
Yes, the Farm Bureau still opposes, as well as hikers, horseback riders and birders.

Funny thing, most hunting takes place during the time when man of those have left the woods due to colder weather.

Also, a great deal of hunting occurs on private lands, where these groups may not have permission to be....

19-Jun-15
My question is,why would any credence be given to hikers,horseback riders,and birders? As far as SGL's are concerned,if I'm not mistaking, it has been the Hunters dollars that have paid for all these lands,not any of the groups mentioned above. Only a Liberal could think they have the right to dictate,how lands purchased by another entity,can/should, use those same lands.

The Farm Bureau,well,it is, what it has always been. Just another group,that thinks they have the right to dictate,what a property owner can do on his/her property.And that includes,all the SGL's. Friggin'amazing!!

19-Jun-15
Get this, they just passed a bill in North Carolina legalizing Sunday gun hunting, but not between the hours of 9:30AM and 12:30PM!

Plus, you have to be on private land an no closer than 500 yds to a church.

If you don't think the religious influence doesn't have a say in this, you would be wrong.

Yet, in a 1978 court ruling here in PA, the court stated that ALL forms of wholesome recreation shall be legal in PA! This ruling allowed us to have soccer on Sunday, but not hunting?????

19-Jun-15
LOL! So you can BOWhunt all day on Sundays in N.C.?

Doesn't surprise me about the hours, Brad. That's in the heart of the Bible Belt. I could see not wanting to disturb folks while they are worshiping(with gunfire). Just another reason to take up BOW hunting! ;-)

21-Jun-15
Well BC173, believe it or not, hunters don't own the game lands, theCommonwealth of PA owns them. Believe it or not, hikers, equestrians, birders, and anyone else living in PA has just as much a say in how those lands can be used, and the have a right to use those game lands whenever they want to because they are residents of the Commonwealth of PA.

Hunters with attitudes like yours are a Public Relations nightmare when we try to lobby for more opportunity.

21-Jun-15
Not a bad attitude. Just questioning why all these groups have a right to dictate how these lands are used,and not have a penny invested. I agree they should have the right to the use of these lands, but should not be able to dictate policy.

In so far as, a Public Releations nightmare, I don't know where the hell that statement comes from. If a simple question and statement irratates you that much, I would think that more people should be questioning your Lobbying efficacy.

22-Jun-15
Ct. has finally passed a Sunday hunting bill. This bill allows bowhunting on private land only in zones designated by the DEEP. I believe their criteria is opening Sunday bowhunting on private land in zones that have over 20 deer per square mile which should be 10 of our 12 zones. The bill has passed the House and Senate is on the Governors desk awaiting his signature. He has stated that he will sign it. I wish you all in PA. good luck in getting Sunday hunting passed! I never thought that I would see the day when we could hunt on Sunday here in CT.

24-Jun-15

Hunters United for Sunday Hunting

6 mins · .

Pennsylvania: Sunday Hunting Legislation Introduced to Legislature

Thanks to you, “Sunday Hunting” legislation, House Bill 1374, has been officially introduced this week and will be making its way through the General Assembly. As introduced, HB 1374 would give discretion to the Pennsylvania Game Commission to implement Sunday hunting relative to seasons and bag limits in the Keystone state. Just as they are trusted to make science-based decisions Monday through Saturday, the management of hunting seasons, harvest limits and times on Sundays should rest with the Pennsylvania Game Commission and the wildlife experts who advise it.

The prohibition on Sunday hunting is an old blue law left on the books in just a handful of states. Although Pennsylvania allows some private landowners to hunt and some varmint hunting on Sundays, a large sector of the hunting population and the benefits they bring to the economy are being ignored. This prohibition denies hunters access one day per week despite the fact that each year, hunters provide millions of dollars to habitat restoration and conservation through Pittman-Robertson funds and are primarily responsible for healthy ecosystems throughout Pennsylvania.

Furthermore, current law gives a select group of private landowners, whose property is enrolled as a noncommercial regulated hunting ground, the privilege to hunt on Sundays. This law amounts to tens of thousands of acres being hunted on Sundays by landowners who can afford to own and enroll their 100+ acre plots as a noncommercial regulated hunting ground. This exemption, which became law more than a decade ago, only allows those who own large tracts of land the pleasure of hunting on Sundays, while continuing to deny the majority of Pennsylvania hunters the same freedom.

Many hunters are prohibited from introducing their children or friends to hunting because they are competing with organized sports and other activities on Saturday, which is currently their only opportunity to hunt outside of the work week. Countless hunters stop hunting because of the lack of opportunity, time restrictions and accessible land. The addition of an extra day in the field, especially on the weekend, increases the opportunity for those individuals to experience hunting. Allowing hunting on Sundays would undoubtedly invigorate essential hunter recruitment and retention efforts -- key factors in preserving Pennsylvania’s hunting heritage for future generations to come.

Please continue to contact your state Representative and politely urge him or her to support this important legislation. Click the button above to take action now!

Also, please take a moment to thank the state Representatives who are co-sponsoring HB 1374. Co-sponsors are listed below:

Thomas R. Caltagirone

Marc J. Gergely

Daniel T. McNeill

William C. Kortz II

Tina M. Davis

Marty Flynn

Eli Evankovich

Anthony M. DeLuca

Frank A. Farry

Michael K. Hanna

Thomas P. Murt

Neal P. Goodman