wapiti 11-Aug-15
longbeard 12-Aug-15
notme 12-Aug-15
CTCrow 12-Aug-15
notme 12-Aug-15
grizzlyadam 12-Aug-15
bigbuckbob 13-Aug-15
12-Jun-15
Was out on my lunchtime run on Wednesday and noticed that there were little acorns on the sidewalk on our campus. At first I thought they might have been leftovers but upon closer examination they were not, this was Bloomfield. I looked at the oak trees at my house 40 minutes east of bloomfield and did not see any acorns yet.

Has anyone elese seen any? Do we think it is going to be a heavy year??

12-Jun-15
I work I'm Bloomfield I'll take a look behind our shop at lunch

12-Jun-15
The only thing the oaks gave me this springs was those damn catkins, or the flowers of the oak. I had to rake up that crap for weeks this spring.

The season is just 3 months away!! Gotta take out the bow and start getting ready. Hopefully that bigger buck will show himself this fall:)

12-Jun-15
Didn't see any on the ground today.

16-Jun-15
should be a good year. Tons of pollen with dry/breezey conditions at the right time. August is the time to start eyeballing the trees.

16-Jun-15
The science says we have mast years every 2-5, but can find no reason why. I think bowhunter is right in that the weather does impact the pollen process, but not to the extent that it would create a huge crop of nuts vs none at all. Keep in mind that in those years when there's none at all, we still have notme in the woods.:)

16-Jun-15
ill take that as a compliment..lol

30-Jun-15
More acorns today on Duncaster Road in Bloomfield when I was out for my lunchtime ride.

30-Jun-15
I'm seeing little reds already falling all around in many places, not a thing on the whites. I'm thinking nuts will be sparse this year. Apples and other fruits are loaded.

01-Jul-15
I'm starting to notice the tiny acorns on my patio now, about the size of blueberry, lot's of them.

01-Jul-15

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
ive been seeing them eat this on the field egde along with grape leaves

01-Jul-15
checked out one of my propertys a few days ago, tons of tiny acorns I think reds. I will try to get in there later today when Im hanging my cam to take a pic of them. Lots of fresh droppings in there as well. Fruit trees are heavily loaded, looks like its shaping up to be a good season guys.Gotta check out one of my propertys that has about 6-10 apple trees on it, however it has not produced fruit in about 4 years or so, im hoping this season there may be a crop. Good luck to everyone.

01-Jul-15

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo

01-Jul-15

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo

25-Jul-15

SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
Saw some small fresh green acorns in a few areas while hiking this morning.

26-Jul-15
hickory nuts dropping in toyland for past two wks

26-Jul-15
The immature acorns will fall sometimes when the weather heats up.I was out shooting during the last little heat wave we had,I heard them dropping off the white oak.It should be a acorn season?

26-Jul-15
I have small whites dropping at work

26-Jul-15
I'm seeing plenty of acorns on red oaks in western ct.

26-Jul-15
freaking acorns all over my deck, patio and hot tub. I don't mind the deck and patio so much, but there's already too many nuts in the hot tub ;)

26-Jul-15
Lol

26-Jul-15
walnuts in your hot tub.?

27-Jul-15
notme - thanks for the compliment.

27-Jul-15
Walnuts would be on his wall. Could they be chestnuts?

10-Aug-15
I hung some stands last week and there is an apple tree that was nonproductive last year. This year it looked like it got messed up by a storm only to find out that its falling over due to the over abundance of apples on it. This is a big tree and I noticed two big branches that would be easy to stand on about five feet off the ground. Just need to take down one branch to give me a nice window. Boy will the deer be surprised. I did see some acorns too, about average.

11-Aug-15
Whites have been dropping consistently in my back yard for about two weeks. To early; they will be gone by hunting season.

12-Aug-15
I've done a couple of tree jobs in the last two weeks and two of the trees were full of acorns while the third was completely void except for a few under developed acorns...all trees were very alive when they were cut down

12-Aug-15
Have reds and black walnuts at work loaded..whites in Toyland have nothing but hickory's been dropping for weeks

12-Aug-15
Dude! how do you know so much about nuts?

All colors and types too. It's like youre an expert on nuts.

12-Aug-15
Sometimes you feel like a nut,sometimes you don't.lol..hmm.,wait,that don't sound kosher!!

12-Aug-15
Very spotty this year, and the few producers I'm seeing are mostly reds with very small nuts. Apples are cranking big time everywhere, but they come and go really quickly. Deer should be moving around pretty good this season.

13-Aug-15
got a lot in the trees in my backyard. I just don't hunt my backyard. :(

• Sitka Gear