nehunter 15-Jun-15
spike78 16-Jun-15
CTCrow 16-Jun-15
cuntrytocity 16-Jun-15
nehunter 16-Jun-15
cuntrytocity 16-Jun-15
Straight Arrow 16-Jun-15
14-Jun-15
What type of Trail Cams do you use, and which is the best value? The deer are killing our shrubs and I want to find out who's coming to dinner and what time!

14-Jun-15
I couldn't tell you what's good. I can tell you what's cheap. I have lost cameras so I use the cheap ones.

14-Jun-15
Wildgame innovations makes great little cameras for relatively cheap you can get them of EBay new in box or Amazon for under 100 bucks

14-Jun-15

SmoothieJonez's Link
TrailCamPro.com (Supporting Link) is a legit website that tests all trailcams with no bias. It'll answer all the questions you want to know about trail/scout cameras and compares them against each other. If you do your homework and check between Walmart.com, Amazon.com & eBay.com - you can find some worthy deals. I personally like Bushnell Trophy Cam 8mp (#119436C) and 2013 Browning Range Ops 6mp (BTC-1). Both have excellent battery life, fast trigger speed, worthy detection range, decent recovery time and have all 4 features you want with a trailcam: Still photos, timelapse, timelapse plus and video with audio. You can find the two mentioned above trailcams for under $100 if you are diligent and persistent.

14-Jun-15
I too use the same one ass robz7 good bat life too .

15-Jun-15
I like the Bushnell trophy cams ,been using them for 5 or6 years with no problems.

15-Jun-15
cuddeback long range ir 149.99. very long batterie life and very quick trigger time . have gotten over 4 months on batteries. best camera i ever owned. will buy a couple more

15-Jun-15
Im a Cuddeback guy, own about 10 of them. Any problems with the cameras have been answered or fixed by customer service.

You get what you pay for, buy a cheap one at Walmart and throw it away in 3 Months.

16-Jun-15
Nehunter, my cheap Walmart 50 dollar cam is going on three seasons so far. I highly recommend it. Ive had more expensive cams not last as long. In fact, I have two Walmart Tasco cams still going strong. I believe they are now 59 dollars?

16-Jun-15

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
That's what i'm talking about spike.

They take good pics for $50. I can't spend anymore for public land.

16-Jun-15
I've learned a good lesson from buying guns and hunting equipment, most expensive doesn't necessarily mean the best available. You can find good stuff at a relatively cheap price if you read the reviews and do as you did here, ask for advice. Sometimes I'll spend a few hours just browsing the different sites to find the best deal and price. Good luck to ya.

16-Jun-15
Hey good luck with the cheap models, if your happy thats all that matters. It seems my experiance is different than yours.

I bought a Tasco for $49 a few years back and it burned through batteries and took pictures when the sunlight hit it, not when i walked past it.

16-Jun-15
I can't argue with your point "nehunter" because if something is too cheap, that isn't always a good thing also. I try to find a middle ground and if something has tons of reviews and people seem satisfied with the product, I'll take a chance. As far as trail cams go, I've got a Wildgame Innovations from Cabelas for around $100. I didn't want to spend that much, but the reviews for some of the cheaper models weren't too glowing. So, your points well taken also, but the internet does make it so much easier to make these purchases, due to the fact that so much info is available to make an informed decision.

16-Jun-15
I want to thank everyone for all your comments and suggestions!

Decided to buy the BUSHNELL Trophy Cam which is on sale now from CABELAS in the 8 MP version in CAMO. I also bought a lock bock or security housing since I hunt mostly public land.

Going to test it when it arrives in my front yard, where the deer are killing my wife's plantings!

If you need quantity, the MOULTRIE 8 MP's are on sale at CABELAS for $69, while the BUSHNELL is $129. I think the industry is playing games with increased pixel sizes in the new versions which ar now 14 MP's for the same units,

• Sitka Gear