fnshtr 18-Jun-15
David Mitchell 18-Jun-15
David Mitchell 22-Jun-15
David Mitchell 28-Jun-15
Little Bear 29-Jun-15
fnshtr 29-Jun-15
speedy 30-Jun-15
14-Jun-15
I was finally able to contact an officer and member about this shoot. It is being held June 27 and 28. Free camping is available at the site. Directions, Rt33 mile marker 24.5, turn on to Kingsville rd., travel 1mile, turn right on to Kingsville Station rd., travel .6mile, cross the old RR grade, travel .4mile, turn right at the Y in the road, travel 100yards, turn left into the ABA entrance. Contact Vice President Macky Mills 304-472- 1695, amember Scott Creak 304-613-0779. Iam not a member of the ABA but am a member of WVBA and I had great difficulty in contacting someone about this shoot so I thought I would share what I found out.

14-Jun-15
Thanks for the info. I have been to this shoot several times. The ABA is a great club with some great members to shoot with.

14-Jun-15
I totally agree on the ABA organization

14-Jun-15
I agree that shoot schedules have been a little hard to figure out. ABA always does a top notch job of hosting shoots.

15-Jun-15
I'm hoping to make it up on Saturday. They have one of the best ranges I've ever walked.

15-Jun-15
Ed, hope to see you there.

18-Jun-15
Is this a trad friendly shoot?

Thanks.

18-Jun-15
It certainly is. Although I'm not a member of the ABA I have met a lot of them that are traditional shooters.

18-Jun-15
At WVBA sponsored shoots you will find compounds, longbows, recurves and even some selfbows. You pick your own spot in between two stakes. So the range can be as easy or as challenging as you would like.

The range should be set in realistic bowhunting situations and allow you to practice your own ethical standards for judging yardage and making good shot placement on the targets in preparation for the hunting season.

And you won't meet a better group of folks than the members at ABA.

18-Jun-15
Thanks guys... I might try to make it down from Wood County.

18-Jun-15
I shoot traditional and always enjoy the ABA shoots--excellent course and great folks at the host club--lots of trad shooters there. I am looking forward to it very much.

22-Jun-15
I have heard from a few old ERBA members who hope to make the shoot. It would be great to shoot with them again.

28-Jun-15
I hope all went well Saturday as it looked like there was a lot of rain in the forecast so I didn't try to make it. Maybe today a lot of folks were able to get out and shoot.

29-Jun-15
Rain finally stopped long enough to make for a pretty good day on Saturday. It was nice and cool and a great day for shooting.

I heard Sunday was wet all day with rain on and off throughout the day and we still managed to have 20 on Sunday.

Many thanks to ABA for hosting and setting a very nice range.

We are adding a new shoot to the schedule that just got worked out. It will be in Mercer County as part of the attractions for the Mercer County Fair in July. More details will be posted soon.

29-Jun-15
Great time at the ABA shoot. Met some nice folk and re-signed up with WVBA. It had been a L-o-n-g time since I had shot a 3d course.

Glad this site is available for posting these things.

30-Jun-15
Yes, again the ABA hosted the shoot in a very personable manner. Hats off to them and the WVBA members who ran the event. Thanks everyone.

• Sitka Gear