Yendor 14-Jun-15
Yendor 14-Jun-15
Smoked 15-Jun-15
Stiknstring 13-Jul-15
Mr.C 09-Oct-15
14-Jun-15

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo
This site is getting really pathetic. Nobody ever on here. How did everybody do on their special tags. Even with max 17 points I didn't draw a moose tag. How can the average be 11 points when I have a lot more. Does it matter that I only put in for one choice, and it is the most popular. Especially since they splet 49 degree's north into early and late. So even fewer chances for that tag. I did get a bull tag though. So maybe this year I'll let the nice 6x6 go by to wait for the huge 6x6 like three years ago. Shot mine when I should have waited 15 minutes for this guy to come by.

14-Jun-15

Yendor's embedded Photo
Yendor's embedded Photo
This site is getting really pathetic. Nobody ever on here. How did everybody do on their special tags. Even with max 17 points I didn't draw a moose tag. How can the average be 11 points when I have a lot more. Does it matter that I only put in for one choice, and it is the most popular. Especially since they split 49 degree's north into early and late. So even fewer chances for that tag. I did get a bull tag though. So maybe this year I'll let the nice 6x6 go by to wait for the huge 6x6 like three years ago. Shot mine when I should have waited 15 minutes for this guy to come by.

15-Jun-15
Congrats on your bull tag.. Pretty lucky to grab a bull tag only 3 years apart...? Most units for quality elk take 6+ years. :) Regarding your moose tag, it does make a difference that you only put in for one choice. If most people put 49 North as their 1st choice, those tags can be gone in very short order. If you had put 4 choices in you would likely draw one of your choices with that many points. Very few people draw their 1st choice when it comes to moose tags.

13-Jul-15
X2 on that math. Basically what the different choices do is give you a better chance of drawing. If your number gets drawn they look at your hunt choices, if you only chose one hunt and all those permits have been taken already, that would be when they would go to 2nd choice, and so on. I also am pretty surprised how slow this forum is, but then I only look in once in a while myself.

09-Oct-15
I have no luck with our state draw system ...seems easier to draw an out of state tag for a big bull Moose/Elk but i wont give up,some day ill hunt a moose here and a branched Elk and sheep ,goat and the list goes on

MikeC ...Never give up on what you want

• Sitka Gear