10orbetter 18-Jun-15
PB in WI 20-Jun-15
10orbetter 20-Jun-15
Drop Tine 21-Jun-15
dbl lung 22-Jun-15
Stinky Jim 30-Jun-15
10orbetter 06-Jul-15
15-Jun-15
Each year I make a schedule of the days I definitely want to be on stand. I base it on previous success and the moon phase calendar. Here are what I anticipate to be the best days to use the moon to your advantage. Obviously weather, hunter pressure, available food…are all factors. However, based on the moon these are the days I will make every effort to be on stand. Hopefully I am done before the 15th, 16th, and 17th of Nov.

Sept. 12-21 Sept. 24, 25, 26 Sept. 28, 29, 30 Oct. 8, 9, 10, 11 Oct. 15, 16, 17, 18 Oct. 30, 31 Nov. 1, 2, 7-14 Nov. 15, 16, 17

15-Jun-15
Those look like good dates regardless of moon phase:) One day in particular that I NEVER miss is Halloween...just seems to be a magical day on stand and I can't imagine being any place else that day! Anyway, thanks, I'll forward this to the boss and tell her I need all those days you posted off. Ha!

15-Jun-15

WIbowhunter365's embedded Photo
WIbowhunter365's embedded Photo
I agree the last 4 days of October, for day time activity, have shown to be good. I've been saving trail cam pics for over 5 plus years and looking back at them all the mature bucks that I get pics of during the summer and early fall every year show them self's at some point during those days and during legal shooting times.

15-Jun-15
NIce buck. Just checked a trail camera at my primary hunting spot and the SD card was gone. Punk trespassers!

15-Jun-15
Halloween is one of my favorite. It's usually when I start my rut vacation. Last year I did my first all day sit on the 31st. Perfect conditions for my best rut funnel. Early afternoon after I had been on stand since before light. A worthless POS trespasser strolls through the main bedding area.

15-Jun-15
Awesome...I like the last couple of days in October as well. Trespassers are the worst!

15-Jun-15
The BEST Time is ANY TIME you can be in the WOODS!

Good Luck this Fall!

16-Jun-15
They should run a trespasser season just prior to the rut ! Nothing sucks worse than sitting in a prime stand at a prime time and one of those a-holes shows up! Hard to keep cool sometimes.

16-Jun-15
I've always said there should be trespasser live traps. Bait them with cheap beer and a trail cam since they like to steal the cams.

16-Jun-15
My favorite times to be in the stand every year are mid September (Opener), first good cold front in late October and as much as you can around November 2nd through the 11th.

17-Jun-15
Well my best chance of a great buck, if I hunt the south is opening day, but that is based on scouting a nice buck, on private land, and getting a good crack at him.......

Since most of my hunting is in the north, my best days are from Oct 24th to Nov 9th, so most of us are on the same page.

I think bowhunting in my area of the north is going to be very good this year. I base that on, I do not think the north will have much pressure if any, and the water tables are high, lots of good feed, and good rack growth usually occurs with a wet year.....

My main problem is bait and pressure. I would like to see no one hunt north this year, I personally think its a waste of time, I think everyone should do to Waupaca co...............

17-Jun-15
thanks razor, I was headed to Waupaca. LOL

18-Jun-15
I only have one week this year and it will be the first week in November. I hunt in Waupaca Co. I'm seeing quite a few deer. Passed a lot of smaller bucks last year and took a 3.5 year old. High hopes this year.

18-Jun-15
PB, they call it the new Buffalo County!

20-Jun-15
10orbetter - I hope so. After the 2009 season American Hunter magazine had an article on the best counties in the U.S. for B/C bucks in the first 10 years of this century (2000-2009). Buffalo Co. was #1, Trempealeau Co. was #5, and Waupaca Co. was #10.

I am grateful for my own place to hunt in the county. I read the accounts here of guys "up north" who walk all day in the snow and hardly cut a deer track. There are guys here in Waupaca Co. who are either part of a larger family tract of land, or who just have a good, smaller parcel, who are quietly filling their walls with great racks. They don't brag it around for fear of being invaded.

20-Jun-15
Have a neighbor with a 40 that did it right for 7 years and it paid off with a huge 10 last year. It was the 12th different buck he had seen.

21-Jun-15
Oct. 1st has been very good to me as well as the few days on either side of Halloween. The time frame of 10:00am - 2:00pm during the Halloween period has been key.

22-Jun-15
I always take off work from Oct 30th to Nov 15th. Times have changed over the years in my area when it has been the best for action during daylight. Over the past 5 years or so it seems the week leading up to the gun season has been very good for daytime movement of bigger bucks. The younger bucks move often from late October thru the end of the rut.

It is just fun to be out there on stand listening to the birds and the bugs. No better time of year then fall/early winter.

30-Jun-15
Dbl lung I agree. It seems the prime days have shifted from Oct 31-Nov 8 to Nov 10-17. Lot more activity in mid-day based on camera activity.

06-Jul-15
PB drove past Waupaca the other day and saw an absolute beauty of a buck just off of 10.

• Sitka Gear