>>>--arrow1--> 17-Jun-15
VilasBowhunter 17-Jun-15
10orbetter 17-Jun-15
razorhead 18-Jun-15
Phil F 18-Jun-15
ACU bowhunter 18-Jun-15
RutNut@work 18-Jun-15
15-Jun-15
Driving around this weekend it came to my attention I have yet to see a fawn but I have seen quite a few bears...you guys seeing any or are you thinking what I'm thinking that the bears are taking their toll on the fawn crop? Maybe it's still too early and fawns are still tucked away in hiding yet?? This is Siren/Danbury area, FYI.

15-Jun-15
South, too early. I am still getting fully loaded does on trail camera in Ozaukee County. Not all have dropped yet. And the ones that have, are being kept under wraps by the does, especially in the north.

15-Jun-15
Out running baits yesterday in Central Wisconsin. I saw a pair of twins and 3 single fawns. All looking healthy.

The bear population by me is also very healthy.

15-Jun-15
Saw a nice bear cross 63 east of Spooner.

Saw two dead fawns along 53 south of Spooner.

15-Jun-15
6 live fawns, one doe had twins. One dead one on the highway north of Seeley today.

16-Jun-15

chief400's embedded Photo
chief400's embedded Photo
Checking cameras and came upon this one and mamma. Hope she survives the lions and tigers and bears oh my. It's a tough life in the northwoods.

16-Jun-15
MikeF, PM sent.

16-Jun-15
Bear population is very healthy in Lincoln and Onieda Co. Have to get those dogs fattened up for another big year.

16-Jun-15
South Farm, IMO you'll start seeing a lot more fawns the next two weeks. That's typical in farm country, at least. Late May and early June seems to be hiding time. I've seen only two so far in limited "looks" and that includes one last night running behind mama about 75 yards behind the house at sunset. We don't often have deer by day on the property (at least moving) so it was a cool sight all five of us enjoyed. Not even time to grab the camera as they quickly trotted through on one of our open lanes.

17-Jun-15

>>>--arrow1-->'s Link

17-Jun-15
In the last two weeks - Vilas County: One at Plumb Lake; one near Boulder Jct. and another with it's Albino mom just south of Manitowish Waters on Hwy 51.

17-Jun-15
Nice Vilas. Thanks for post.

18-Jun-15
spoke to a logger yesterday, in forest county off the road, west of 139, he saw a bear cross the road with a fawn in its mouth.......

that is very rare to see,,,,,, not to hijack the thread, but have seen 7 bears in the past week, which I think is unusual...............

18-Jun-15
I had a doe and fawn on a trail cam in the yard. I am in southern Iron county.

18-Jun-15
In a hay field to our west neighbor kicked up an Eagle. Went to see what he was eating, had just started opening up a fawn that was a couple weeks old already. Coyotes, wolves, and bears...now the local eagle pair. Poor things cant catch a break.

18-Jun-15
A friend of mine that has a place in Bayfield county said he is seeing more fawns this year than the last 4 combined. That said, he found the remnants(legs) of one right behind his cabin yesterday. But there was no way to determine for sure how it died.

• Sitka Gear