ADIOSE 02-Jul-15
SixLomaz 02-Jul-15
Buckiller 03-Jul-15
soapdish 03-Jul-15
SixLomaz 04-Jul-15
soapdish 04-Jul-15
16-Jun-15

Ace's Link
It became law because the time for the Governor to sign it expired! See link.

I confirmed it with a member of the Governor's staff.

16-Jun-15
FINALLY!!!

Congrats to everyone involved.

16-Jun-15

Ace's embedded Photo
Ace's embedded Photo

16-Jun-15
Congrats guys.

I'm little "soured" on the fact that he didn't man up & actually sign it as he told us he would (shocker - he didn't keep his word).. so now he can try to play both sides... to us - "hey you guys got Sun Hunting" and the anti's.. "I didn't sign it.."

Oh well - get out there after Oct 4 - and aim small.

Now - to work on getting this expanded to other properties and/or all weapons...

16-Jun-15
Freakin awesome, can't wait until Oct 4!!!! Thanks to everyone who helped, good job!

16-Jun-15
I'm glad for you guys that hunt private land and now have Sundays to enjoy the sport we love.

Now I can enjoy the live hunts on Sunday too :)

16-Jun-15
Awesome news !!l!

16-Jun-15
i have my wardobe already picked out, think ill go with camo..congrats everyone!

16-Jun-15
Don't sweat it Wayne - important thing is that it happened!

16-Jun-15
Great job to all that work so hard to get this done.We will all enjoy.Its real nice to have a choice,Saturday to get my chores done and go hunting with clear head knowing that.

16-Jun-15
Great news. Thanks for everybody's hard work can't wait to get out there.

17-Jun-15
Exactly GF... I'll be out there!

19-Jun-15

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
It has now been transmitted to the Governor. So, maybe it wasn't the law yet. Let's see if he sign it now.

19-Jun-15
So are we still in the veto window?

19-Jun-15
no

19-Jun-15
I was told the 15 days start from the day it gets transmitted to the Governor by the Secretary of State (done yesterday) not counting Sundays and holidays. That would make it July 8 but it seems like we are getting conflicting information.

19-Jun-15
To late I already took Sunday off to go hunting !!

19-Jun-15
A member of his staff told me it became law when it was given a Public Act number.

I gave him that number (15-204) and he looked it up and came back and said: "he didn't sign it, but it's law."

Of course the Governor's own staff not knowing what the actual rules are wouldn't surprise me, so ...

19-Jun-15
It is not law, we should continue to call.

It was transfered yesterday from the Secretary of the State's office where they reviewed it to the Governors desk. The Governors staff now needs to review it for legalities or anything they may want to find wrong or missing and once that passes, it could be a week or so, then it goes to "his desk" for him to sign or.. ignore, then he has 15 days

So 2 weeks or more yet??

So its not over yet. And if the Governors staff that is reviewing it finds something wrong with the Bill; the Secretary of the States office didn't, who knows what could happen.

19-Jun-15
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE. WE POST ITS LAW AND EVERYBODY'S HOPES GO UP THEN WE HEAR THIS.

19-Jun-15
OK, here is the latest information I have, (for whatever it's worth).

I just spoke to Travis, who answered the phone at (860)566-4840.

I asked about the current status of HB 6034, Sunday Hunting, Public Act 15-204.

I believe he was the guy I spoke to the other day who told me it was law). He told me the same thing that Shadow posted:

He said that there was some confusion, and that yes it has been transferred to the Governor's Desk, and it will be reviewed and THEN the 15 day window starts ticking.

UGH! I'm Sorry for the false hope and bad info guys, I was reporting what I believed to be the case.

Keep calling I guess.

I'm predicting that Malloy runs down the clock, and then signs it at the last minute and tells us how lucky we all are to have him on our side.

19-Jun-15
Governor Dan Malloy

TEL: (860) 566-4840

20-Jun-15
Where and when will we see the Zones that are officially omitted from HB-6034? I've only seen the map that State Rep Kiner forwarded me before the bill passed. Pat, do you know if Zones 2 & 3 are omitted or are they still up for discussion via Environmental Committee?

20-Jun-15
Let me reask question - Pat, do you know if Zones 2 & 3 are omitted or are they still up for discussion by DEEP?

21-Jun-15
I got an email this morning from the sponsor of the bill. He said the bill was signed last week. I emailed him for clarification on whether it was actually signed or is law because Malloy didn't sign it if vetoing within the 15 days. He has not responded yet.

Either way it's a great sign that the sponsor says its law.

22-Jun-15
Now this in response to my last email:

"Hasn't signed yet, but he just got it in the 18th so he still has 11 days to sign it. His staff has told he he is in favor "

UGH. More waiting.

25-Jun-15

CTCrow's Link
PAGE 15

I guess its a done deal.

25-Jun-15
Not a done deal yet, page 15 only shows that it may become effective on Oct., 1st. I wish it was a done deal. Only a matter of time waiting though cause i don't think he will sign it. Copy this link and check.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp?selBillType=Bill&which_year=2015&bill_num=6034

25-Jun-15

Ace's embedded Photo
Ace's embedded Photo
I guess the Governor got it 6/18. So depending on if they count 15 calendar days or 15 business days. it's either July 3, or July 9, unless he signs it or vetoes it before then.

Crazy that nobody, including the Governor's aides, and the Sponsor of the Bill, knows exactly how this works. A cynical man might say that they intended it to be that way

25-Jun-15
Chas,

it's 18 days excluding Sundays and holidays.

P.S. oops, I meant 15

25-Jun-15
Ed, if you're right, that makes it: 7/7.

Tick, tock.

25-Jun-15

CTCrow's Link
"exclusive of Sundays and holidays"

Action by the Governor

If the Governor receives the bill while the legislature is in session, he has five calendar days, exclusive of Sundays and holidays, in which to sign it or return it to the house in which it originated with a statement of his objections. In the latter case, the bill may be reconsidered and, if passed by at least two-thirds of the members of each house of the General Assembly, it becomes law. If the Governor does not sign or veto the bill within five calendar days after the same has been presented to him, Sundays and holidays excepted, it automatically becomes law unless the General Assembly has adjourned the regular or special session. If the regular or special session has adjourned, the bill becomes law unless the Governor, within fifteen calendar days after it has been presented to him, transmits it to the Secretary of the State with his objections.

25-Jun-15
So - if they didn't adjourn,, this has passed (today being the 5th business day).

The million dollar question - have they adjourned?

25-Jun-15
Wayne, the bill was called in the Senate on the last day of the session. They adjourned on 6/3.

26-Jun-15
I think it's intentional, Pat

29-Jun-15
Is there actually still some doubt this could happen?

29-Jun-15
I don't think the governor will veto it but it could happen.

30-Jun-15
But he signed some law letting transgender folks change their sex on official documents? Remember when he called gun owners the fringe of the fringe? I can't guarentee it but I think there is more gun owners and hunter sportsmen and women than transgender's. Where did this guy come from, and where is our country going?

30-Jun-15
Unbelievable the topics these politicians waste time on. Maybe concentrate on keeping businesses from leaving our state.

30-Jun-15
Wapiti - You should try shooting a deer while wearing a dress sometime, its very liberating ;<)

01-Jul-15
the king signed a bunch of crap yesterday,was sunday hunting in that pile ?

01-Jul-15
bleydon

I think you're on to something there!! If all of us completed our hunting license applications as transgender instead of checking the male or female boxes we might get a lot more consideration in Hartford.

New handle for me would be "Big Doe that wants to be a Buck Bruce".

01-Jul-15
IT Still is not signed!!!!What..TF is going on??

01-Jul-15
There are things more important than hunting. Like buying booze later. Even on Sundays.

If I was a transgender alcoholic, this state would be great for me.

...and don't say notin notme. What I told you was in confidence and it only happened three times.

01-Jul-15
CALL, CALL, CALL, the Governor's office, put a bug in their ears.. its still on his desk and no-one there knows whats going on. i just got off the phone with his office. The girl who answered seemed clueless but she said it may be Friday (15 days from the 18th) and SHE SAYS it will either get vetoe'd or signned.

TEL: (860) 566-4840

01-Jul-15
FYI - our friends at HSUS are on the offensive here.

Dear Animal Advocates, Good news: Governor Malloy’s office told me that they are getting bombarded with calls and emails in favor of maintaining the ban on Sunday hunting! Your calls make a difference…our Governor is listening! Governor Malloy has until July 6 to veto the bill, or it becomes law without his signature. Please call Governor Malloy and ask your family/friends (who vote) to make a quick and easy call TODAY to ask Governor Malloy to veto the Sunday hunting bill! Governor’s Office: (860) 566-4840 Email the Governor by going to: http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/cwp/view.asp…| SUGGESTED SCRIPT (please be sure to give your address so they can confirm that you are a constituent): “My name is _____, and my address is ______. Please veto Sunday hunting, PA15-204. I vote, and I do not want Sunday hunting. Thank you for listening!” The message can be as simple as the above, but if you want more talking points… Talking points: • Hunters already enjoy recreational opportunities disproportionate with their numbers — hunting is already permitted 6 days a week for most of the year. It is only fair that given their overwhelming majority of the state's population, non-hunters should have one day per week to enjoy Connecticut's rich natural resources in safety and peace. • Contrary to what proponents claim, Sunday hunting will not reduce risk of Lyme disease in humans. There’s good reason the Centers for Disease Control, world health authorities, and our own state health department do not recommend hunting to reduce Lyme disease – because it doesn’t work. • Contrary to what proponents claim, Sunday hunting will not reduce deer populations. At best, Sunday hunting may remove another 1% of the deer population, which by no means can be considered “population control”. • Per the latest survey by the U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and U.S. Department of Commerce, wildlife watchers (defined as observing, feeding, or photographing wildlife) in Connecticut not only outnumber hunters by a margin of 29 to 1, but they also outspend hunters by 7.4 to 1, contributing about $510 million to the economy annually. • Bow hunting is an especially cruel form of hunting, with an inherent high crippling rate (if the hunter misses a kill shot, the deer suffers a slow, painful death). Remember…Your power is with your VOTE, so you can be very brief if you choose! Please be sure to state your NAME and ADDRESS. The Governor’s office will take note of area codes in their caller ID, so if your phone does not have a CT area code (860 or 203), please make a point to explain that you vote in Connecticut! Thank you, Annie Annie Hornish Connecticut Senior State Director The Humane Society of the United States

01-Jul-15
This is unbelievable! What am I saying it's CT of course it's believable.

860-566-4840 !!

Just called, and will continue to do so until it's signed, vetoed or passes w/o his signature. I also sent an email to at least 50 people who have been involved in this. I expect that their phones will begin to heat up again today.

I reminded the guy on the phone that Dan told his brother he'd sign a bill if it got to his desk. He said: "I'll tell the Governor it might be hard on your brother in his Hunting club if you veto this bill." I didn't even have to say it. :-)

01-Jul-15
she must be important with two first names !...crow buddy,shhhh,dont ask dont tell..lol...

01-Jul-15
Just called. Staff person told me she was getting more pro calls than veto calls. Keep it up!

01-Jul-15
I called again, from a different phone line (caller id and all) keep calling. As you all do, I to wanna hunt on Sundays!!!!!!!

01-Jul-15

CTCrow's Link
You can also e-mail.

01-Jul-15
DONE !

01-Jul-15
Just did my lunchtime call.

01-Jul-15
Here is the email I sent -

Please sign the Sunday Hunting Bill PA15-204 into law as you promised you would. Thanks.

"In his second term, Malloy said he would support hunting on Sundays. Hunters have been pushing for that change in the state law for years with no success, but Malloy says now that he supports Sunday hunting."

Hartford Courant 11/3/14

http://www.courant.com/politics/elections/hc-dannel-malloy-tom-foley-connecticut-five-things-story.html#page=3

01-Jul-15
Just sent an email as well. When I called earlier the girl who answered said that they are getting A LOT of calls, on both sides.

01-Jul-15
Nice find bleydon.

Of course that article also says that Dan pledged not to raise taxes.

Seriously would anybody be shocked if Dan were to veto this?

If so you haven't been paying attention.

01-Jul-15
So Monday, July 6th, it's official? Wasn't there suppose to be a signing ceremony with the Governor? Makes me a little concerned, but not overly concerned. With the overwhelming bipartisan support in the House & Senate in passing HB-6034, there's no way a few phone calls are going to change the outcome in my opinion. Dannyboy is going to toe the line by not signing the bill (which will still go into effect), and he can tell his HSUS members he didn't support the Sunday Hunting bill. Win/win for the guy who can talk out of both sides of his mouth.

01-Jul-15
Call anyway Smoothie, just in case.

No such thing as a sure thing with politicians.

01-Jul-15
Just Emailed the governor again. guys keep up the pressure.

01-Jul-15
Fellow bow hunters, I hope now you all can see what a daunting process this has been for me as chairman of the CAC for the past 5 years. You have NO idea how much back room horse trading and back stabbing goes on down there. The game of politics, sadly, is part of hunting too. Pat will attest to the team that was built in order to get this bill-as compromised as it is-passed. Each year another member joined in to get support and work the angles to get this to a vote. I want to thank Ed, Keith, Pat, Vinny, Bruce, Gerry, Myle, and others for putting in their UNPAID personal time. The CAC will be having discussions with DEEP to finalize what zones will be in play this year. So far, 2 and 3 are the closest to the 20 deer / sq mile that DEEP is aiming for, so they are out...sorry. The zones will be evaluated each year and may be changed season to season. Honest reports of harvest and the hunter survey is direct feedback to the biologists. The passion we share for hunting rights is a common thread that must not be broken. Please join an organization, like United Bow Hunters, and keep the passion in their face. They know who we are now, keep it that way!

02-Jul-15
So if they are going to decide which zones will be eligible year by year according to feedback, are they going to use the fly over surveys as feedback? And if so which survey are they going to use? Not to mention that people don't call in the deer they harvest. This is going to turn into a nightmare...

02-Jul-15
united bow hunters ? I was a member but i thought the club was no longer in existence ?

02-Jul-15
I just heard from Crow that Dan Malloy signed the bill today!

Then I called and spoke to Jhamal who confirmed it!

Done deal!

FINALLY!!

Good job everyone.

02-Jul-15
I called around 4 and was told he signed it.

02-Jul-15
congrats everyone!.

02-Jul-15
The Conservation Advisory Council (CAC) has a direct dialog with DEEP. When we get better information about how they will determine this we will get it out. LONGBEARD: when you report your kill, that information goes to the biologists, as well as that hunter survey they send out. I suggested they recruit volunteer reporters (hunters) around the state who will give honest "boots on the ground" reports of what is happening in the zones...but they haven't committed to that yet. But yes the transect flyovers will be valuable too...as inaccurate as some may seem, at least they are consistent. AND this is great news that it has been signed !!

02-Jul-15
We will need more divorce lawyers in CT from now on. Maybe it is for the best that CT is more open to same gender relationships. Good luck everyone.

03-Jul-15
I'm so excited that I'm going to celebrate by hunting this Sunday!!!

03-Jul-15

soapdish's embedded Photo
soapdish's embedded Photo
Bear hunting next? Had this guy in my front yard today. In windsor locks.

04-Jul-15
From the looks of it he was inspecting the yard work. That bear has a good taste and those genes should be preserved in a freezer. LOL

04-Jul-15
We actually play a little game with him. We hide a picanic basket in the yard to see how good he is in finding it

• Sitka Gear