steve 17-Jun-15
Wayniac 17-Jun-15
Keith Cagle 21-Jun-15
Bob Clark 23-Jun-15
CJD437 24-Jun-15
Wayniac 24-Jun-15
CJD437 24-Jun-15
16-Jun-15
Even though our cowardly governor did not have the balls to sign the bill, I wanted to wait until it was official before posting this.

While I have followed and have been involved in Sunday hunting since 1990 with the UBC, I have not been active with it for the past 5-7 years. Sometimes life distracts you from even your most passionate causes.

But now I want to congratulate all of you here who worked so hard on this. You persevered and did not give up. It is a testament to the Connecticut sportsmen who overcame all the dysfunction and deceit from many in the legislature and others who fought us on this for so long.

To all the legislators who supported this, I hope we make the same efforts to thank them and work for their re- elections.

I now feel that it would be remiss if we let this groundbreaking time for sportsmen come and go without recognizing some of the people who conceived and worked on this bill from the beginning. While seemingly defunct now, those people were the initial and core group of the UBC.

No question the one man who deserves the most credit is Bob Crook, who worked with us from the jump and was the constant energy throughout the last 25 years. Without him, I am not sure we would be celebrating today.

Clearly to all, the second individual who was the driving force behind passage of this bill is Pat Lefemine. Immediately upon his involvement in this issue, he developed key relationships that were critical to the influences needed to sustain the needed momentum. As far as communications, The Bowsite and this forum was the glue that held us together and allowed us all to stay informed with each other. Thanks go to Pat for providing that resource.

Some of the following individuals are no longer with us or live out of the area but they should be recognized for the time and effort they provided to develop this bill and keep it alive until each of you gentlemen took over whenever you did:

1.Ken Kuhar, first President of the UBC 2.Joe Ferrigno, first VP of the UBC 3.George Marsh, BOD, UBC 4.Mike Roberts, BOD UBC 5.Lee Nichols, BOD UBC 6.Del Delmastro, Past President among other titles, UBC 7.Bill Hlobik, Mike Lamagdeleine, Jon Nichols, Mike Long,Jim Antippas and many other UBC members whose names escape me.

There were other non-UBC members and clubs from back in the day that I am sure I left out, but the mind is a terrible thing especially at my age. Apologies where necessary but I thought it appropriate to remember those who first blazed this trail.

But most important, congrats to everyone, for you thankfully ended a long hard struggle. Going forward, let’s do what we can to hunt safe and cause no issues in September, lest we have anyone regret supporting this or give an anti an excuse to say I-told-you-so.

Peace and good health.

17-Jun-15
Thanks Bob ! Its been a long time since I have heard from you hope all is well ! Steve

17-Jun-15
Thanks for this, guys...

I'll admit I was way less active in this than I have been in past years - worn down, plus busy with other life stuff.

Way to get the deal closed!

21-Jun-15
Truth be known Bob Clark the man who deserves the credit for getting Sunday Bowhunting passed is Ed Parker former DEP bureau chief. Although others have worked on this for years nobody else had the data and the connections that Ed Parker had. When he met behind closed doors with the legislators there was not question that he knew what he was talking about. There is no doubt in my mind we would have continued to get nothing without him!

23-Jun-15
No issue with Ed getting credit. It was not an omission as I know Ed and have worked with him for years. I was just doing a historical look-back on the origination of the bill and those who originally blazed this trail. Thanks for pointing that out.

24-Jun-15
Thanks to all! Lets just make sure Mr Malloy signs it!

24-Jun-15
He got it transmitted to him on the 18th.. still a few days left, no?

24-Jun-15
Don't really know. But I'll try to find out.

• Sitka Gear