BC173 24-Jun-15
Yetihunter1 24-Jun-15
Will tell 25-Jun-15
Dale Miller 14-Jul-15
Paul O 26-Jul-15
Loup 26-Jul-15
Rut Nut 27-Jul-15
22-Jun-15
The Game Commission is looking at a possible hunting license increase. There has not been one since 1999 and with most of the 1/3 acreage that they have the gas and mineral rights for already leased, the PGC will be receiving very little lease money in the future. Also, with natural gas prices low and little infrastructure (pipelines) as yet in place, the PGC will not be receiving much in the way of gas royalties for the foreseeable future . The Agency has already instituted some cut-backs and will be considering additional ones as revenue has once again begun to fall.

What you guys think? Personally, my hunting and fishing is one of the least expensive forms of "entertainment" I pay for annually. I wouldn't mind forking over a bit more to keep things running smoothly.

22-Jun-15
Cheap Entertainment at TWICE the price!!!!

22-Jun-15
Long over due! Nothing stays the same price for 16 years.

22-Jun-15
I pay like $100 a month so my kids can watch cartoons soooo....I'm ok with an increase

23-Jun-15
Sounds great to me.. Won't affect me much though as I have a lifetime license..

23-Jun-15
Boy, the PGC sure is losing money on THAT deal.

You've had that license for what - going on 80 years now isn't it? :^)

23-Jun-15
Nuff out of you ya old fossil:)

23-Jun-15
LMBO Dave! :)

23-Jun-15
We were due to see one...Hint: They can take over the issue of all state doe tags and they can make extra money,which will benefit all of us.

23-Jun-15
Yep, give them an increase!

24-Jun-15
I have no problem paying more. Me, my wife, and daughter just got tickets to go see a Pirates game. That's costing me more then 3 times what I pay for my hunting license and that's just for one afternoon!!

24-Jun-15
Compared to most things,a hunting license,is dirt cheap!

24-Jun-15
I would pay double for a license especially if we saw in increase in use of funds used to increase habitat or access. Maybe something similar to Michigans DNR, where they entice private land owners by paying them for public hunting access on their land (i know, a pipe dream).

25-Jun-15
I just got my license yesterday and got a archery, muzzleloader, Bear license and it was $65.00. With two doe licenses all my licenses will be under $80.00 dollars. I paid more than that for breakfast in San Fancisco last winter.lol Wouldn't mind seeing them raising Doe tags to $20.00. It's $20.00 for a extra Turkey tag.

14-Jul-15
PA second cheapest license...one place ahead of Hawaii!

26-Jul-15
Yep! Increase the price of the hunting license. Ditto, cheapest entertainment.

26-Jul-15
FYI, last doe license increase was about 30 years ago

27-Jul-15
Guys- if you support this issue, see below:

If you support a license increase for the PGC please email or call the following legislators and tell them you support one.

Representative Keith Gillespie, Chairman, House Game & Fisheries Committee 717-705-7167 [email protected]

Representative Ted Harhai, Minority Chairman, House Game & Fisheries Committee, 717-772-2820 [email protected]

Senator Mario Scavello, Chairman Senate Game & Fisheries Committee 717-787-6123 [email protected]

Senator Jim Brewster, Minority Chairman, Senate Game & Fisheries Committee 717-787-5580 [email protected]

• Sitka Gear