Gene 26-Jun-15
grizzlyadam 26-Jun-15
CJD437 26-Jun-15
nehunter 26-Jun-15
bigbuckbob 26-Jun-15
nehunter 26-Jun-15
BOWMEN 27-Jun-15
26-Jun-15
Just want to put this out there.Got home from work on Thursday night about 7:00 pm.When I went to get out of my car. A guy drove over to me and said.There are 2 big black bears at the dumpster across from my condo.I look over sure enough,There they where.I ran in the house to get my camera.When I came back out they where gone.I live in northern New Milford.Seeing bears is getting to be normal everyday happening.Its nice to see them in the area,But I worry that they will get hit by a car.

26-Jun-15
Bowmen

while I like hearing that more wildlife is moving into CT I worry more about people getting attacked by the moose and bears we're starting to see as common occurrence.

Black bear injure more people than grizzly mainly because there are more of them and they're around people, so CT is getting set up for that scenario. Moose can be more aggressive than bears, so not a good situation either.

I'm guessing some kind of hunting season on bears is in the near future, we just need a count of how many there are. Any suggestions on how to get a good count?

Sorry, can't help myself sometimes.

26-Jun-15
i worry about a bluff charge or worse at 5 am walking to my stand...si vi pacum parabelum i say..

26-Jun-15
We had one go thru our back woods yesterday here in Washington - drove my dogs crazy!

26-Jun-15
They found a 350 pounder dead in a field down the street from my house a few weeks ago. They think it was struck by a vehicle, but it was not visibly injured at all.

26-Jun-15

CJD437's embedded Photo
CJD437's embedded Photo
This is picture is from Winchester about 2 years ago. I'm going back there bowhunting this year and I hope to get more pictures of him. All I want is pictures! I have no intentions of meeting him!

26-Jun-15

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
400+ was killed a couple days ago on rt4 near Newbury Archery on Goshen

26-Jun-15
HEY!! Stanley FatMax tool box carton under that bear and the tool box in the bed of the truck!! That's where I work,....at Stanley, not under the bear.

nehunter - I assume the bear was in the game warden's truck, not yours, correct?

26-Jun-15
Not my picture. Barry from Newbury posted it on facebook.

27-Jun-15
Big buck boob did you read my hole post.I said I do worry about them getting hit by a vehicle.For a matter of a fact,when we had the bears here the other evening I ran down to the road and slow traffic down.I think we all know the causalities of a over populated Ct.That is with humans,,,,,

• Sitka Gear