Contributors to this thread:
Bloodtrail 26-Jun-15
Turkeyhunter 27-Jun-15
Bloodtrail 28-Jun-15
razorhead 28-Jun-15
Zinger 29-Jun-15
Naz 29-Jun-15
26-Jun-15
Who out there has put together a first aid kit for outdoors activity? I know Razor posted something about taking care of one's self recently. What would one have in there and what about "blood clot"?

Wondering?

27-Jun-15

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
My hunting pack includes my calls, meal, water, TP, tags, license, a pair of nitrile gloves, knife, pistol, a trauma bandage, Quik Clot and a phone.

Scout's Motto - Be Prepared.

28-Jun-15
Turkey - Looking good -

We just did some training and all our medical bags at work have this now. Never have seen it work in the field, but they say it is awesome.

Tourniquet - is now something all med packs are carrying at work as well. Better a limb than a life? Makes sense.

Yes, your rather prepared...... Nice!

My wife has put together a kit we carry all the time now and it goes whether fishing/hunting/trapping - always close.

28-Jun-15
Just got back on the computer...... been trout fishing....' BT if you want my list let me know I will send it to you.....

Quick Clot and a military tourniquet has always been in my pack. when I was on the job. and the president of ASP, we hosted a lot of tactical medical treatment....

little did I know that one day I would need to use it, on one of my own.......

I am a big believer in first aid, and I think so many are unprepared.......

let me know if there are people on this site that would like the info,,,,,,,

disclaimer,,, I am no longer a certified EMT.... however I have been under fire, and have some experience////

I am not talking military now, I am talking about current experience,,,,,,,,,,

I believe in one thing,,,,,,,ALWAYS BE PREPARED

29-Jun-15
Where are you guys buying the QuickClot and what does it cost roughly?

29-Jun-15
Amazon.com has a wide variety of first aid "stuff," including many different QuickClot offerings.

• Sitka Gear