Rut Nut 30-Jun-15
Shortdraw 30-Jun-15
Rut Nut 30-Jun-15
mixed bag 08-Jul-15
Shortdraw 09-Jul-15
Dale Hajas 09-Jul-15
Rut Nut 10-Jul-15
29-Jun-15
I have a possiblity of taking a new chef gig out in Pike Co out by Milford. My family is from Bucks so I have hunted a lot down that way and only trout fished around Hawley and the water gap areas by Bushkill. I've been on the West Coast for some time in Montana and recently in Va and made the trip up the other day. Saw some corker bucks in the Water Gap. Is the hunting pressure terrible? It's been about 9 years since i've been around. Is it hard to gain landowner permission? How's the state land up that way?

30-Jun-15
Welcome to Pa.

30-Jun-15
Welcome to Pa and the Bowsite!:)

30-Jun-15
Scott- hunting pressure is pretty high but if you are willing to walk a bit, you can get away from it. SGL 180 is pretty good, as is the Delaware State Forest. Lots of private communities that border state land. That's where I usually hunt. Walk in to the edge of the S.F. near these "sanctuaries". Most private communities are closed to hunting.

If you want to get together sometime send me a PM. I always like to get out and scout a little pre-season- I could show you around.

Also, we(UBP) have an early season hunt and campout down in 5C near Kutztown. It's a great time and nice way to kick off the season. It's Sept. 24-26 this year. If you're interested, I could go over some maps with you during the downtime and give you more detailed info about the Poconos.

Oh, and I am in Pike County just outside of Milford.

As far as private land access goes, there are very few farms in Pike Co. Most landowners either hunt their property themselves or are non/anti-hunters from the city(NY/NJ). Never had any luck gaining private land access.

30-Jun-15
Rut, PM'd ya back. Thanks for writing. Montana is great man. I make better money back here being a chef but the lifestyle is sooooo nice and the hunting is great. I lived in Bozeman and Fort Benton. Do they still have that killer 3D shoot at Weaknecht in Kutztown? I used to shoot that every year when i was younger.

30-Jun-15
I hear ya! I think living in Montana would be awesome! Only been there once on a DIY elk hunt, but fell in love with the state! : )

Now that 3D shoot is part of the Lehigh Valley Hunting and fishing Extravaganza in late Aug. It's pretty cool. We go almost every year.

You have another PM.

08-Jul-15
Am I seeing things or did you say your LEAVING Montana for Pike county Pa??I think you qualify for a mental disability so forget the chef gig,lol A BIG whitetail here is something you'd pass out there,and gameland pressure is ridiculous.But, after 2-3 days you have it all to yourself in rifle.For bow season you can get away from guys by a little walking in.I hunt my area the same as Perry by hugging the developments where you can.Best hunting starts around Halloween till then end of bow.There are some big bucks but really up here they are few and far between.If you can get permission down in 5C you'll see a lot more deer

09-Jul-15
Mixed Bag.....No i am in Va right now. I was out in Montana for a good while. Yes it's fantastic out there but as with anything good there are a lot of downfalls too. As a chef i can't make near the living there and it's expensive. The hunting is great but tons of disease but you overcome it like anything else. I am going to return to open my own place at some point soon but i need to bank a little more money first. If you work in oil or ag you can make some good jack out there. There is no other place like it man. I fell in love with it when i first moved out West years ago. I'm a bit more specialized in the culinary field so it's hard for me to do that stuff out there. My family is from the 5c area. I have places to hunt down there if need be so that is fine. I should have some private land up in the Pike area plus Perry and i are going to grab a cold one and look over some maps. I won't be heading out west to hunt this year so i'm just going to focus on deer back here. If you are around the area man i'd love to catch up, shoot, BS or whatever.

09-Jul-15
If you want to shoot the BS shoot WITH Rut Nut:)

10-Jul-15
LOL! I shoot it with the best of 'em! :)

• Sitka Gear