Mathews Inc.
Don't overcook your meat
Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
Smoothdraw 29-Jun-15
notme 29-Jun-15
STM 29-Jun-15
29-Jun-15
We all eat a lot of venison (except for maybe BBB) so I figured I'd throw this out there. I've been cooking backstraps and steaks rare for a while now... I mean really rare like sushi rare. So good!!!!!!!!!! I package and freeze all my own venison so I know it's well taken care of. I wouldn't try this with beef from Stop and Shop. Japanese Kobe beef I believe is served this way also. Sometimes I'll put a Smokehouse rub on the venison for more flavor. Next time you have venison consider it. The title of this thread can also be applied to other aspects of your life. lol

29-Jun-15
you cant have your pudding until you eat your meat...

29-Jun-15
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat (PF).

I never cook mine over R/MR at any time, I feel after that it has lost it's integrity. Last week I made grilled back straps over Caesar salad with roasted red and yellow peppers and the whole family loved it. I lightly roll the back straps in Wishbone Robust vinaigrette which lubricates the grill and the acidicy cleanses the pallet between each bite. When I make fajitas I follow the same rule of thumb.

It's just about time to replenish the freezer that is just about out, good luck to all this upcoming year. STM.

• Sitka Gear