steve 17-Jul-15
notme 17-Jul-15
>>---CTCrow---> 17-Jul-15
steve 18-Jul-15
>>---CTCrow---> 18-Jul-15
02-Jul-15
It is now the law!!!

02-Jul-15
Just spoke with the governors office and he signed it today.

02-Jul-15
can i do a rebel yell or is that outlawed ,ehhh screwem ill do one.lol

02-Jul-15
Look on Gov Web page. Shows everything he signed today. About the third page in

02-Jul-15
We will need more divorce lawyers in CT from now on. Maybe it is for the best that CT is more open to same gender relationships. Good luck everyone.

04-Jul-15
Lol

04-Jul-15
As my wife said: the new law doesn't mean you can hunt Saturday and Sunday. It means you hunt either Saturday OR Sunday, not both.

05-Jul-15
Great job everybody!! Now let's hope the deer populations rebound- I've seen a definite decline on my properties. My landowners are happy about the decline but it's been tough hunting the last few years.

05-Jul-15
Does anyone know what zones the DEEP is going to let us hunt Sunday's?

05-Jul-15
I can't really see why they would have to designate certain zones. If you get four tags does it really matter if you shoot them all on a mon or a sun. They are not increasing the bag limits. Then again that would make too much sense.

05-Jul-15
soapdish its like zone 2 and 3 not over 20 deer psm

06-Jul-15
Soapdish,

the law was just signed. Let's see what the DEEP does with it. I would be in favor or opening sunday state wide and just lower the tag numbers for the zones with lower deer dencities. That is one of the things the CAC should suggest at their meetings.

You are 100% right. if you get two tags, it makes no difference what day you fill them.

06-Jul-15
Most people don't fill all their tags so allowing an additional weekend day would likely increase the total take in that area. I still think it should be allowed statewide but there is a logic to the current law.

06-Jul-15
Bleydon,

I will respectfully disagree with you. There is no logic. That part of the law is there to appease some of the antis in the legislature to secure passage.

Since when is the legislature in the business of logic and common sence?

06-Jul-15
What is CAC? Is it Certified Addiction Counselor training?

With slight editing picked up from http://www.cdstudies.com/counselor_training/distance_learning/connecticut.html

About the CAC Certification

The CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor) certification is the credential required to treat alcoholics, drug, and ""bowhunting"" addicts in the state of Connecticut. Our 360 hour distance learning curriculum meets the standards of the Connecticut Certification Board (CCB) as an.approved CAC curriculum.

06-Jul-15

CTCrow's Link
Conservation Advisory Council

06-Jul-15
I'll bet when he saw me in my dress, practicing in the back yard, he changed his mind.

See: Sunday Hunting Is Now The Law!

07-Jul-15
CTCrow check the DEEP success rates

http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/wildlife/pdf_files/game/deersum2013.pdf

They range between 25% and 38% of a bowhunter getting a single deer. Obviously tagging out is a much smaller percentage and presumably even smaller in Zones with lower deer densities.

Again I would note I still think it should be statewide but it is hard to argue that the total take won't increase somewhat when more weekend hunting days are added. One can disagree with the policy, as I do, but I don't think it's fair to say there is no logic. I suppose if I was in Zone 2 or 3 it might impact the perspective, but it really can't change the math.

07-Jul-15
I Just disagree on politicians using logic. I don't think they've ever been accused of using logic or common sense.

07-Jul-15
bleydon,

How to the other 42 states with unrestricted Sunday Hunting manage their game?

The Sunday Hunting restriction was never about game management, its a religious based blue law.

To now make the removal of the blue law conditioned on game management is revisionist history.

The only logical impact its going to have is to forever prevent any further expansion of Sunday Hunting in CT. It is a victory of sorts, but it is the only victory we are ever going to get.

07-Jul-15
Toonces,

To reclarify, my personal preference would be all seasons all weapons all game public or private land. I also want peace in the Middle East and an end to worldwide poverty, but I am thankful for any move in a positive direction even if it does not in one fell swoop make everything perfect.

The rationale of game management as the basis for the huge victory we all just won is not revisionist history, it is current events. Without that argument we probably don't get this bill passed into law. I guess I am just a glass half full kind of guy.

07-Jul-15
It is revisionist history in that it was used as a political compromise to get a flawed bill passed.

It would be one thing if the Sunday Hunting prohibition was on the books to begin with as a game management tool, but we all know that was never the case or the intent of the prohibition. Game management wasn't on anyone's radar when the prohibition went into effect. Eliminating the Sunday Hunting prohibition to decrease the deer population is a nothing more than a political fabrication.

Hunters and even to a certain extent the anti's created the management argument with regard to Sunday hunting out of thin air for purely political reasons to argue opposite sides of the same coin.

End of the day hunters won the wrong argument.

That will be to our long term detriment despite a short term gain.

I am glass fully empty guy on this one, have been from the beginning. The only thing that makes me happy the antis lost the argument. I like it pretty much any time they lose. Also I am happy for everyone who fought long and hard on this. You deserved a victory.

07-Jul-15
I'm with you on this one Toonces...I'm glad we won the argument but I think we argued from the wrong angle...hopefully that will not come back to bite us some where down the line

07-Jul-15
Despite anyone's personal reasons for hunting: All hunting, in CT and everywhere else in the country, is a Game Management tool. You may not like that but I don't see how you can argue that it's true. The minute the science doesn't support it, the rules are changed. Not enough grouse, cut the daily limit. Too many deer, increase the tags, lengthen the season. How are waterfowl seasons and limits set?

Anyone who believes that a broader Sunday Hunting Bill (than the one that passed this year) would have made it through simply has not been paying attention, and obviously hasn't been involved in the issue for very long. Quite a few Sunday Hunting Bills were introduced this year, just like in the past. Unfortunately the appetite for a broader bill just isn't (wasn't) there. This watered down, compromise, piece of garbage we pushed through is better than nothing ... but just barely.

You can take it as a small victory or not, nobody will force anyone to hunt on Sundays. But make no mistake, we're not done.

Next year we'll start with trying to add Wildlife Management Areas to the list of places to hunt on Sundays. After all, they were purchased with dollars from Sportsmen. I'll be satisfied when I have the same opportunities to hunt on Sundays that I do on Saturdays.

08-Jul-15
For those with disabilities or that choose to use them, what about a cross-bow? is this also considered a "bow and arrow"?

There is no indication to that in the what was past into law...

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2015/ACT/pa/pdf/2015PA-00204-R00HB-06034-PA.pdf

08-Jul-15
Criss bow is the same

08-Jul-15
Shadow, a few years ago the Crossbow became a legal implement in all bow seasons by anyone with a Bow permit. So yes, you will be allowed to use a crossbow on Sundays.

08-Jul-15
On October 4th, 2015, I will be out there in the tree, on private property, holding the bow in my hand, pumping my chest out, regardless if I get a shot or not that day. Just to feel good on Sunday morning no matter the weather forecast.

Best time to hunt October 4th is between 5am to 8am going by the solunar information. Sunrise is at 6:52am with dawn at 5:53am. The moon is in Wanning Gibbous phase, last quarter moon. The second best hunting time is between 5:00pm to 8:00pm with sunset at 6:30pm and dusk at 7:30pm.

Second full moon after September 23st, fall equinox, is on October 27, beginning of the 2015 rut perhaps.

08-Jul-15
Man! it would be nice to be the one to shoot the firt deer on a Sunday.

I'll be in a blind if my feet are still bad.

08-Jul-15
crow , STILL ? you wants me to dig up and extra foot or two for ya at work , plenty around..lol

08-Jul-15
I'm worst now than a month ago. Podiatrist cuttted too deep on good foot and got a blister the size of a quarter that got infected. Both feet are f'ed up now. Don't have a leg to stand on.

09-Jul-15
wow dude!..i can get you legs too..lol

17-Jul-15
I have not been paying attention, and just heard this from a friend today. Made me want to stop in here and congratulate you all! Awesome news!

17-Jul-15
YEA!!!!! I never thought that we would get to hunt on Sunday's . Thank you all that made this happen .

17-Jul-15
Crow if we can drag you to your picnic table in Darian I can drag out your deer for you .

17-Jul-15
doesnt dave drag your deer steve?

17-Jul-15
Lmao. That picnic table hunt was the worst thing I ever did. If my feet are still bad in 2 months, I'll give you a call and wait for you on the hammock.

18-Jul-15
Notme only when he is there from now on I am calling you when O am up that way

18-Jul-15
Steve, call me too. I wanna watch him drag your deer.

• Sitka Gear