BOWMEN 04-Jul-15
ROBZ7 04-Jul-15
longbeard 06-Jul-15
kent 06-Jul-15
SixLomaz 06-Jul-15
notme 06-Jul-15
BOWMEN 07-Jul-15
04-Jul-15
I have been watching these two hens.Started out with 11 chicks 2 weeks ago 7 left,Saw them this morning only had 4 left, wonder how many of them fell to domestic cats?We have a lot of woods behind us about 800 acres.But i am seeing a lot of bunnies around this years,More then normal.The rabbits seem to be making a come back.

04-Jul-15
Dont forget about the owls and hawks, im sure they snatch a few as well. Then their are the fox, yote, bobcat, raccoon, and fisher. Makes you wonder how any survive? 25% survival rate is probably about right for turkeys. Around here I see alot of rabbits at this time but as fall comes they seem to slowly get caught by everything.

04-Jul-15
Ive been seeing more grouse here in MA in the past year or two then ive seen in a long time. I always jump them in the thick pine and hemlock areas. Ct has better deer cover and we have the forests favored by grouse. Id rather have the deer cover here.

04-Jul-15
Same here. I saw a hen with 1 poult yesterday in Colchester.

04-Jul-15
I am originally from the Adirondacks and we still have a hunt able population of ruffs. I miss that.Its a shame but aerial predation is a hugh factor.Cant do anything about that.

04-Jul-15
Saw one couple days ago and she had only 3 left and she was limping . Also have yet to see a fawn anywhere this year . Very strange . I always see 2-4 fawns around my main property and usually 1-2 everywhere else and this year zero so far.

06-Jul-15
BOWMEN what town in NY did you grow up in?

06-Jul-15
Have had the same thing with seeing no fawns as of yet. Still the same older does and last years small ones, three different bucks so far. No Fawns ???

06-Jul-15
Probably WB has obtained permission to remove fawns as they probably have reduced cost when compared to an adult deer.

06-Jul-15
havent seen this years model yet..not too much of last years either

07-Jul-15
I lived in Greenwich NY,Its along the Vermont boarder.A real Dairy farming community . A beautiful area with a huntable population of Ruffs and the Woodcock flite is super,

• Sitka Gear