CTCrow 09-Jul-15
The Dark Knight 09-Jul-15
notme 09-Jul-15
hemlock 09-Jul-15
hemlock 09-Jul-15
05-Jul-15

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
This guy ripped my brother in laws bird feeder down and ran off with it in Trumbull yesterday !

05-Jul-15
Does the bird seed really taste that good?

05-Jul-15
they darted a 200lb bear a block over from my buddys house in fairfield by the fire house on jennings ave last week

05-Jul-15
I see a limited or lottery for bear hunting season in the near future.

05-Jul-15
I think so too

06-Jul-15
I had one dart across Rt 7 in New Milford on Sunday Morning at 11:10,Thank God it made it safely across Rt.7.Did you report the sighting?

06-Jul-15
Agree - lottery in northern zones soon. No baiting allowed would be my guess. Would they consider it baiting if you're hunting private land and the owner just happens to leave his bird feeder out?

06-Jul-15

CTCrow's Link
I have a question for those of you that have seen bears. Are you reporting them to the DEEP?

06-Jul-15

CTCrow's Link

06-Jul-15

CTCrow's Link
Bear sighting report

06-Jul-15
im looking at 12 of the little buggers now..lol

06-Jul-15
Crow, it's our duty as CT Bowsiters to come up with a "Correction Factor", to assist the DEEP Biologists in their bear counting efforts.

Of course we don't want to use the same method they use to count deer: "I see one doe walk through my yard, and my neighbor sees the same doe walk through his yard, so that's 2 deer, times 2 since we obviously miss half the deer, because we're not professionals, so .... 4 DEER! "

I think we need 'Mike from CT', Math is hard.

The bear biologists have hit on a good idea, they put ear tags in the bears they dart. If you see a bear, try to walk right up to it and check that tiny little number on the tag. (Don't worry, they're friendly.) That way when you get out of the hospital you can tell the DEEP the ear tag number and color, plus they can get some information from the bite radius of the tooth marks on your arm.

06-Jul-15
only if your holding a pic a nic basket on days that end in y would you be able to count correctly..now if boo boo is gnawing on your leg while yogi clamps down on your noggin would ranger smith be able to get the right correction factor providing hes not hiding at the ranger station pulling his crank which would excrapalate the number divisable by 3..but,if wile e coyote stumbled into the mix...where the hell am i going with this ?!..oh well,back to my 8 bears..lol

06-Jul-15
I will ask my brother in law if he reported it if not I will for him

06-Jul-15
Ear tags?

I thought it was flag football. I thought they wanted it back and that's why they chased me back.

06-Jul-15
I report every siting,Thats the only way we might have a chance to see a season?The part that was funny you should have seen the faces on the three bikers that had the bear that i saw dart across Rt.7 in New Milford,They were heading north on 7 and I was heading south.I would hate to think what would happen in a bear verse a motorcycle.Would not be pretty.

07-Jul-15
Bears look soft to me, so riding my motorcycle into one won't hurt,....right ;)

07-Jul-15
I run great Bodyshop that also works on bikes , so BBB when you hit one let me know.Im only kidding,I have seen what Deer do to a 4 wheel vehicle,NOT PRETTY.

07-Jul-15
I run great Bodyshop that also works on bikes , so BBB when you hit one let me know.Im only kidding,I have seen what Deer do to a 4 wheel vehicle,NOT PRETTY.

07-Jul-15
While motorcycling in the Catskills, A security officer told me that if I get into an accident, I should hope to be done in by the accident other wise the bear will come in to finish me. Two weeks later in Mass. the car a 1/4 mile in front me was t-boned by a bear.They're everywhere.

07-Jul-15
Just saw two this morning in MA walking on a front lawn. Around 9 more weeks till the season. I wish you guys luck on getting a season. Im still waiting on a moose season just saw one a couple weeks ago. I agree, the more sightings you report maybe a better chance for you.

07-Jul-15
Working the pole!

07-Jul-15

hemlock 's embedded Photo
Farmington CT slob

07-Jul-15

07-Jul-15
What part of Farmington. I am seeing them around my Unionville neighborhood all the time. That one is big.

08-Jul-15
Devonwood area

09-Jul-15
I once found a whole front paw of one while hunting. The leaves were tore up all around it. Im guessing a young bear being ripped apart by an older male. Or pack of coyotes.

09-Jul-15
the owner of a property i hunt once asked me what i would do if i shot a bear with my bow.."dance around naked in your feild wearing only the bear head , holding my bow and his claws "...he shook his head and walked away..lol

09-Jul-15
That's cuz he's seen you dance naked before. Sorry the squirrel head didn't fit but at least you killed something.

09-Jul-15
Lol

09-Jul-15
it fit..lol

09-Jul-15

Another today.

09-Jul-15
About the same lol today's was in n.canton ran right in front of truck, jumped out and took a few pic's. the one with birdfeeder was barkhamsted from this past Saturday.

• Sitka Gear