Treefarm 12-Jul-15
Diamond Dave 14-Jul-15
PB in WI 15-Jul-15
Bloodtrail 17-Jul-15
Builder 17-Jul-15
HunterR 18-Jul-15
WausauDug 19-Jul-15
07-Jul-15
Just wondering what the census among everyone is regarding face paint, ski mask or nothing at all while bowhunting?

07-Jul-15
For my face it is either a X-System face mask or I use a wine bottle cork. Just burn the end and apply to face. For me it comes off easier than the face paint and is not as shiny.

07-Jul-15
Warm weather, camo "mosquito" net. Cold weather, warm face/head cover. Frigid weather: windproof, insulated face "liner"/heavy camo hat/hood combo. However, if I can move without alerting a deer spotted a ways off, and am in an evergreen that provides great cover until the deer enters the shot window, I like shooting with nothing near my eyes, ears and mouth so I'll slip it off. If you're hunting a stand that deer know is there, (esp. deer spooked over bait), then I'd go full camo paint — or better yet, move the stand, or hunt a trail instead of a baited site.

07-Jul-15
I use only a face mask. Hunters Specialties offers several different styles. It's light and the elastic bands keep it on your face.

07-Jul-15
Never wear anything.....never had a problem.

07-Jul-15
I paint lines under the eyes and down the nose . And keep the skull cap low .

Snipers on both sides of the last few wars were taught to look for Faces . When I lived out west I was taught when glassing to look for the face of the animal , the eyes and nose . Paint the face ;-]

07-Jul-15
Face mask always with nose exposed for breathing without creating condensation. Wash it after every use and attach a Pine wafer for scent masking.

07-Jul-15
All three.

07-Jul-15
SpandoFlag head net.

07-Jul-15
Treestand, nothing. Ground blind, light face paint.

Ground blinds I use are native vegetation. I try to also use the shadows to blend in. A cap with a bill for shadow helps too.

07-Jul-15
Face mask for me.

07-Jul-15
I always paint my face...... I do this because its just fun,,,,,,,maybe I am a clown at heart

07-Jul-15
I tend to paint my face as well. Then after I walk through the door my wife and two young sons have something to giggle at after they ask me if I got anything :) Usually wear a face mask though if the weather becomes chilly.

07-Jul-15
Beard works best.

08-Jul-15
Nothing ever, including turkey and waterfowl, and have never had a problem? I do wear a neck gator to my chin in cold weather. I always wonder how someone can anchor accurately with a mask on? Of course you can practice with it on, but I'd rather sit higher in a tree, move less, and practice with nothing on my face.

08-Jul-15
Nothing for me. Not aware of it causing any problems. Sitting still and only moving when appropriate are much more important in my view.

08-Jul-15
Mesh mask for me.

08-Jul-15
mesh mask all the time

08-Jul-15
A friend is color blind...he says he can spot a bare face in a tree stand easily...I thought that was rather interesting.

09-Jul-15
I think at times, it is not needed, if you sit quiet, and move slow, you face is often shadowed, by the changing lite and leaves etc.......

I move a lot, hunt a lot on the ground, and I feel the face camo, just gives me a little edge,,,,,,

09-Jul-15
Late season and hunting from the ground I always wear a mask. Early season or perched among leafy cover I generally go without. My mask is a loose-fitting light wool...tried one of those spandex ones but couldn't tolerate the pressure of it pushing in on my nose all day long...drove me nuts! Used to use camo paint in the old days but mama got mad because I turned all her towels black and brown and green:)

09-Jul-15
If I'm in a ground blind I wear a black mask. Otherwise I have facial hair and wear nothing in the tree. Likewise I can't tolerate the pressure on the nose or the clammy condensation that builds up around the nose and mouth areas of those tight masks.

09-Jul-15
A wide brimmed hat with jacker zipped up to nose

11-Jul-15
When I used face paint, I kept a container of "baby wipes" in my truck. Work great for removal, and keeps "mama's" towels clean.

Happy wife = happy life!!!!

11-Jul-15
Depends,..... birch trees, dead ferns and western fall prairie grasses all are face colored, so to speak. No need there.

If I am stickbow hunting bears in the balsams and swamps, face paint is put on.

Turkeys in the spring mosquitoes, a face mask is nice.

Early season Caribou on the black fly landscape, head net sure.

In general, bowhunting whitetails in Wisconsin, Michigan and the Midwest, I use no camo of any kind. I do however wear drab and plaid clothing to go with my selfbow and cedars.

11-Jul-15
Face Paint (brown with black stripes) and Wipes in truck

12-Jul-15
Feel sorry for those having to wear eye glasses. Reflection is a killer.

14-Jul-15
I used to wear face masks but switched to face paint several years ago. Face paint works great for me and much more comfortable than a face mask.

15-Jul-15
Face mask

17-Jul-15
I wear a full face mask made by Primos. It's thin and on cold days it is surprising how much warmer I am with that on. Of course it plays the other way on warm days but I feel naked without it.

Its probably in my head, but I wont hunt without it. Wear it turkey hunting/duck hunting and deer hunting.

17-Jul-15
Big black burly manly beard, stash and a uni-brow. That's worked for me since my junior year in high school.

18-Jul-15
Camo mosquito net face mask year round.

19-Jul-15
yes Bloodtrail they do add a little bit of heat Once I started wearing one stalking on the ground in gun season and seeing and killing the difference there is no going w/0.

• Sitka Gear