JayD 08-Jul-15
Babysaph 08-Jul-15
Babysaph 08-Jul-15
Babysaph 13-Jul-15
WBowhunt 24-Jul-15
WV Mountaineer 24-Jul-15
Babysaph 25-Jul-15
07-Jul-15
well there goes hunting in Jefferson county. no more baiting / feeding. check dnr cwd maps.

how does this affect hunting a tree line to a crop field? I guess the cost to hunt someones field will skyrocket now.....

07-Jul-15
Include Berkeley county into that too! I just put out some trophy rocks and I am thinking I need to go get them because I think they would now be consider illegal --- any thoughts on that?

08-Jul-15
I have not read the regs yet. Is this statewide and if not why isn't it?

08-Jul-15
JR - it is just in the CWD containment area which Jefferson and Berkeley counties are now part of - they must have been added to the area this year. Makes me wonder what is going on with CWD now that they added these two counties. I read where Frederick County, VA had like 5 confirmed deer with CWD - but have heard nothing about Jefferson or Berkeley County.

Sort of upsetting that had to see this in regulations and nothing has been posted in papers or anything. There are more people than just hunters who feed or use mineral blocks for deer! This will really hurt some of the feed store and orchardist around here!

I hunt over my food plot but I do use blocks and feed with my cameras to see whats running around so looks like that will stop! How many people will stop using trail cams now too. I am going to go back to using the synthetic deer lure I guess - I think that is still legal....

Plus I was just at Tractor Supply and the Walmart at Springs Mill - both had a lot of different deer feeds and corn set out already - so you would think that someone would have notified them! Again sort of pisses me off that this was not announced to the public better - how many have already bought stuff or do not know about and will post a picture with a buck at a block or something???? And we know how they search the internet now for stuff like this! Myself - I just bought about $50 worth of Trophy Rocks - I hope the horses like them! LOL

08-Jul-15
I killed a deer in Pendleton county several years ago that had CWD. I turned it in to the DNR. It was a mess. Its time to do it statewide now. I would say there are cases in each county.

08-Jul-15
I killed a deer in Pendleton county several years ago that had CWD. I turned it in to the DNR. It was a mess. Its time to do it statewide now. I would say there are cases in each county.

13-Jul-15
I am glad to see that the lil old lady can still throw corn out for the birds as long as the deer don't congregate and eat it. And deer in enclosed areas can still be fed. LOL

24-Jul-15

WBowhunt's Link
Here is a link for the News Story if anyone is interested and just so folks know, No feeding Baiting is Effective July 1, 2015, the area includes Berkeley, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Mineral and Morgan counties.

24-Jul-15
I'd like to see them outlaw it in every county. got no moral problems with it but, it doesn't help the situation and will eventually be a statewide phenomenon likely. Nib it in the bud so to speak. God Bless

25-Jul-15
Yea it will be statewide soon.

• Sitka Gear