Dr. Deer 19-Jul-15
>>---CTCrow---> 19-Jul-15
ROBZ7 20-Jul-15
bigbuckbob 20-Jul-15
Dr. Deer 25-Jul-15
>>---CTCrow---> 25-Jul-15
jax2009r 26-Jul-15
13-Jul-15
I want to do an archery elk hunt next year so starting to plan now. Anyone have good recommendation for an outfitter. Id like to hunt somewhere where tags aren't a problem so seems like Colorado , Montana, Wyoming probably my top choices. Id appreciate any recommendations I'm sure there's a couple elk hunters on here . Thank you.

13-Jul-15
Shouldn't skip Utah. Over the counter tags and tons of national forest to hunt without outfitter.

13-Jul-15
I would be careful the area you choose, from what I understand the wolves are doing a number on the elk in certain areas.

Weare's Outfitting out of Noxon Montana is a solid outfitter. I used them a few times for rifle hunts. They hunt public land and success rates are very low, so chances are you won't kill an elk but you will get a good hunt in some beautiful rugged country. Manage your expectations.

13-Jul-15
PM sent...

13-Jul-15
PM sent.

15-Jul-15
I was turned on to Jay Houston by a co-worker who used him, he specializes in elk hunts and is a booking agent. You tell him what you're looking for and he sets you up with an outfitter. He did a good job for me in New Mexico.

Good luck

16-Jul-15
find an elk and kill it. (wanted to beat notme to the punch)

19-Jul-15
Lots of critters in Montana and Colorado, better quality in NM and AZ

19-Jul-15

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo

19-Jul-15
Save the knees.

20-Jul-15
Awesome animal Dr. Yeah I know NM and Arizona are better quality but from what I understand getting tags is not easy could take many years .

20-Jul-15
ROBZ7

New Mexico doesn't have a point system, pure lottery. Going through a guide increases your odds and if you don't get drawn you can purchase a landowner tag for anywhere between $2500 to (fill in the blank).

I'd love to get back to NM, saw some huge animals there. Good luck with your search and let us know how you make out.

25-Jul-15

Will try to get you some Mule Deer knees in September, Crow.

25-Jul-15
Thanks doc. Don't have mulies either.

26-Jul-15
Im doing a Montana elk ....otc tag deer elk combo

• Sitka Gear