CurveBow 13-Jul-15
CurveBow 14-Jul-15
Jdawg 15-Jul-15
Trial153 20-Jul-15
spike78 29-Jul-15
CurveBow 29-Jul-15
13-Jul-15

CurveBow's Link
It was announced Friday through Senator Jim Seward's office that a change has been worked out on certain SAFE Act provisions as follows:

- Ammunition background check has been suspended; - Ammunition can be purchased through mail order.

While this is a suspension, not a repeal, the action further states that no funding can go toward creating the database for software, operations, hardware, etc. unless approved by the NYS Senate.

The link is to Senator Sewards website. Note that there is a small link at the bottom that goes to the official MOU.

This is a small victory for those of us that think that the unsafe act is a POS....

>>>>-------->

14-Jul-15
I agree! And I am not registered with anything either.

>>>>-------->

15-Jul-15
Hate to burst anyone's bubble but I just read an update on this. Apparently Seward misunderstood or didn't get it quite right. I think the gist of it was that the best case scenario at some point in the future is that we'd be able to buy ammo online but it will still have to go through a dealer with background check. I'll try to find the article and provide a link to it.

20-Jul-15
The new agreement states that background checks are on hold for ammo purchases for the time being. However in order to purchase ammo online you will still need to have it shipped to a ffl holder....for added cost and aggravation of coarse.

The best part of NY is when i looking at the state line in the rear view mirror.....

29-Jul-15
Here in MA we cant online order reloading components like brass or bullets. You want to talk about rediculous!

29-Jul-15
Same here in NYS. Cannot order loaded ammunition, primers or powder; not sure about brass, but can buy bullets themselves.

>>>>-------->

• Sitka Gear