South Farm 15-Jul-15
Builder 15-Jul-15
Jake21 15-Jul-15
10orbetter 16-Jul-15
thesquid 14-Aug-15
13-Jul-15

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Pete-pec's embedded Photo
I saw this deer twice within ten yards of one of my stands. This stand is in the corner of a 40 acre alfalfa field (seeded this year), and a small ten acre wooded peninsula backed up by an 80 acre woods. I stated no cameras in another post, and was pleased to see a decent buck in one of my favorite west wind stands from the road with binoculars. I passed this same deer several times from the same stand last year, when I believe he was 2. He had an 18 inch spread, and was a 9 again this year. I see he grew some inches this year, and was going to grow more. Probably 120, but a shame he got hit.

13-Jul-15
This deer was hit by a car Saturday night. Photo sent to me by the land owner in a text that read: One less decent deer this fall.

I talked with him tonight to hear the details, because although it sucks that he's dead, I'd rather find out it was a car versus an unknown death. He was bloated just off the road when I looked at him today. Someone cut off the horns today, although I'm quite certain they will decay at this point. I might have mounted the deer myself (hobby taxidermist) had he replied to my text sooner? Of course I would have had to call the DNR, had to cape the deer, and get the rack freeze dried.

13-Jul-15
Hate to see one wasted like that.

14-Jul-15
I hate that when it happens . About 10 years ago I had a big buck patterned perfectly . After dark he would leave the swamp , cross a county road and chase the girls in a grain field all night .

I was on his trail in the swamp at 6 am when I heard a vehicle slam on its breaks and hit a deer about 400 yards away . I packed up and walked to the road . There was the deer , 145 class , and a Sheriff loading the deer in the ladies pickup .

GEEZ

14-Jul-15
Bummer!

Sounds like she had him patterned a little better Ruger...

15-Jul-15
Was watching one behind our church a few years ago. Watched him for two years. Very symmetrical. The spring of his fourth year he was road killed. Can't win 'em all.

15-Jul-15
Not much a guy can say other than that SUCKS! Hopefully there's more with genes like that running around to fill the void.

15-Jul-15
Ive been seeing a ton of dead bucks along the interstate near Tomah.

15-Jul-15
That's always a tough one to take! Ran into the same issue a few years back on a buck we had 3 years of history with, truly a gutless feeling.

16-Jul-15

10orbetter's embedded Photo
10orbetter's embedded Photo
If this one comes by, I need my ball back!

14-Aug-15
That buck is going to have fun if he gets into a fight with another.

• Sitka Gear