Contributors to this thread:
bigcountry 18-Jul-15
SILVERADO 18-Jul-15
Dr. Deer 19-Jul-15
zeeker35 19-Jul-15
XbowfromNY 27-Aug-15
Will 27-Aug-15
18-Jul-15
Hey everyone, I am from Massachusetts and I'm looking to hunt in CT this year. I am currently sitting in a CT hunters ed class. All this talk about hunting is getting me anxious for this season. I hunt in mass with bow and shotgun. I am going to spend the money though this year so I can to start my season early in CT. In the past I've had bad luck in state lands. So I wanted to reach out to the bow community to ask if you know of any private land owners looking for a respectable hunter to help control the population.

18-Jul-15
Welcome to CT, honestly your about 10 years late for south western CT aka zone 11. Honestly our deer herd down here has been hit pretty hard and numbers are probably half of what they were. If your looking for a big buck northwest corner of the state, if your just looking to lengthen the season for you by a few weeks then pick the closest area to you, not sure what part of MA your from. As for private land, I doubt most guys are willing to give up honey holes to someone that they have never met, but if you are willing to make the drive and knock on some doors, then I'm sure you may attain a few properties. It's all a numbers game, the more doors you knock on the better the odds. Good Luck

19-Jul-15
Dress well, knock on doors, have prepared "packages" about you, hunting benefits and offer to share the harvest. About a 20% success rate.

19-Jul-15
so true 10 years to late - 1998 through 2001 was freaking crazy in zone 11

27-Aug-15
Anybody know of any land for sale around $70K or less that would be good for hunting in CT? No interest in building on it. Thanks.

27-Aug-15
BigCountry - If you do some walking, you will find deer in Nipmuc and Natchaug SF in eastern CT. For reference, I hunt Z6/5 and 9 for most of my hunting here in MA. The SF's I just mentioned in CT have more deer than any of those zones I just noted outside of the Z9 towns with written permission bylaws - which are pretty much as good as anyplace in CT now, outside little pockets in the SW or S that are really tough to get access too.

Compared to Z6 or 5 here in MA, those two SF's are fricking petting zoo's actually :)

• Sitka Gear