SteveBNY 21-Jul-15
Buckstopshere 21-Jul-15
r-man 22-Jul-15
GAFFER1 22-Jul-15
SteveBNY 24-Jul-15
deerman406 15-Aug-15
C.Beck 15-Aug-15
18-Jul-15
How do all you public land guys keep track of all your stand locations? Phone APP, Excel Spreadsheet, note book, Map ect..?

In an attempt to limit the pressure on each of my stands and to keep options available for different winds, I have set up quite a few stands sites throughout my hunting areas.

I use the Trimble GPS Hunt App and am very happy with it. I can separate my stands for different areas. So I have a folder (Trip) for home, one for camp in the Tier, ect..

I just started a spreadsheet on Excel so that I can break my locations down even further showing the stands I can hunt depending on the wind direction.

21-Jul-15
I have used the Mossy Oak Scout Look app for the past three years and I love it. I just downloaded the Trimble GPS Hunt Map so I can compare them.

21-Jul-15
I keep track of all my stands in my head!!

21-Jul-15
Can you leave stands up on public land in NY?

21-Jul-15
Great idea. I have a number of stands on...I think five different properties and I move them. But the data spreadsheet is only as good as what is entered.

22-Jul-15
I learned to use a map, it was after I would finally remembered where I was supposed to be at that time a little to late each yr, we have to migrate are patterns to match the deer food grazing habits. Also I at one point had hundreds of stand sites and locations. I gave the maps to my father when I moved, after I did that I thought may be I should have gave them to some one who bow hunted.

22-Jul-15
you can leave stands up on public lands. You cannot cut living brush or branches or screw any thing into the tree.

24-Jul-15
Thanks. Just can't imagine advertising my spot and/or thinking I would be the only one hunting it.

15-Aug-15
Do not hunt public land but I do use scout-look for my private land stands. I have 60 stands up and in place this year plus 14 other spots with brackets and I like being able to see where they are and get real time wind and weather for each location. Shawn

15-Aug-15
I use Motion X to mark stands and make notes about the location.

• Sitka Gear