RUGER1022 22-Jul-15
Steve White 22-Jul-15
Turkeyhunter 23-Jul-15
Mooses_Meadows 23-Jul-15
wacem 23-Jul-15
youngcd12 23-Jul-15
Turkeyhunter 27-Jul-15
20-Jul-15
How is the fawn crop so to speak for everyone this year? Around here we are seeing very few at all. All the miles I put on, and time in the woods. Maybe have sen 10 in total this year. Not looking good up here!

20-Jul-15
Steve where are you located? Taylor - Chippewa county where we run not a great population of fawns. Some but not strong plenty of does with no fawns. Been lots of pictures if bobcats, coyotes, no wolves so far.

20-Jul-15
Seeing a LOT of bears also so I'm sure they ate their share of fawns. Can't have high bear numbers and a healthy fawn crop.

21-Jul-15

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Another mama and the twins.

Same old story about NE WI and the peninsula...

21-Jul-15

happygolucky's embedded Photo
happygolucky's embedded Photo
There are 2 does with a single fawn each on my land. That is what I have seen on camera anyway.

21-Jul-15
We have 1 or maybe 2 sets of twins and a couple singles. But also lots of bear pics. It seemed like a later drop this year. The does looked a lot healthier this spring compared to last year.

21-Jul-15
No shortage of fawns here in Manitowoc county.

21-Jul-15
Have seen does with triplets and twins in the Birnamwood area. Came down our road last Friday after work and had two fawns nursing right by our driveway. Pretty cool!

21-Jul-15
Twins have been a common sight here in southern wi. This is on managed, private, DNR cwd labeled land. From what I hear though the public lands around pretty much suck. Go figure chasing deer almost year round on public lands combined with a showering of free tags for way too long has had a direct result of pushing more deer onto private lands.

21-Jul-15
The last time I looked the state legislature is in charge of deer management.

Took the politics out of the woods and put the deer back in.

21-Jul-15
Yes Turkeyhunter, the DNR is innocent in all of this, we know that's what you're tasked with selling.

Actually something had to be done to spank the out of control money wasting natural resource ruining DNR into place, I imagine it's gonna take some time to repair the several years of damage the DNR caused.

21-Jul-15
Let's see HunterRC, when your main man took over and power to the people was returned (five years ago) we heard how everything would finally "turn around" (as if there was a lot wrong in the first place outside of overuse of EAB). Today we have crossbows for all, e-registration and many other things "good" for the resource. It's not all bad, for sure. It never was.

You want to talk money-wasting? Look no further than the WEDC (though there are many, many more examples, quite of few of them tucked into the last couple budgets).

As for public lands "suck" well let's just say either that's a good con job on your part or you're talking smaller, easily-accessed tracts that get pounded. There are more than seven million acres of public land available and I'd venture a guess that tens of thousands of acres of it gets less pressure than a lot of prime farm parcels. Many great bucks have come off of public through the years, and continue to. It's all about the habitat, and there's a pile of opportunity on public (esp. for those who like to get more than a quarter-mile away from their vehicle) for archers.

21-Jul-15
"Let's see HunterRC, when your main man took over"

I don't have a main man, nor did my main man take over. It's really pointless trying to communicate with you when you're so obsessed with another guy you think I'm him. A few of you guys really let Ron get deep in your heads and own you. I find that level of complete ownership amazing, especially being it was done online. Get help.

21-Jul-15
LOL good try …. signing off … going to go check out the headgear on the bucks! Have a HunterRC night.

21-Jul-15

"going to go check out the headgear on the bucks!"

One of four we've ID'd so far...

21-Jul-15

"Yes Turkeyhunter, the DNR is innocent in all of this, we know that's what you're tasked with selling"

I didn't say that - you did.

Chill dude.

It's all about the fawns. I wonder if this little one was fathered by the bruiser above....

22-Jul-15
Too many Bears = less Fawns in Lincoln county . Its a simple problem to fix . When The Bears crawl out in late May theres not much to eat , so they focus on garbage , dog food , Bird feeders , and Fawns .

We need a spring bear hunt north of hwy 29 .

22-Jul-15
Im in St Geramin, and all over Vilas, and northern Onieda county. My guests commented today on only seeing 1 fawn since they got here last Friday. Yeah there are a few, but most does have none now.

23-Jul-15

This picture is from last week.

Late-bred doe = small fawn...

23-Jul-15
Seem to be decent numbers on our land in Buffalo. A bunch of singles but a few doubles.

23-Jul-15
We are seeing very few fawns in Douglas County. Not many does either but most are without fawns.

23-Jul-15

youngcd12's embedded Photo
youngcd12's embedded Photo

27-Jul-15

Mama and the twins...

• Sitka Gear