Bloodtrail 23-Jul-15
DeerDan 23-Jul-15
mathews reezen 23-Jul-15
bigbuckbob 24-Jul-15
CTCrow 24-Jul-15
mathews reezen 24-Jul-15
SixLomaz 24-Jul-15
23-Jul-15
Morning sit go to work then back after work probably big buck only for the first day .Steve

23-Jul-15
Just to get out there and enjoy sometime away from work and normal every day routine.I don't start to really hunt until late October,Basically just scouting in early season.And if a shooter comes by O well.

23-Jul-15
it all depends on how soon i recieve my winnings in the nigerian lottery..any day now.!!

23-Jul-15
Just going to sit in a stand I've had out and enjoy the woods, hoping for the "buck of a lifetime" to step into a shooting lane. But, I'll take whatever the woods offer.

23-Jul-15
I will sit out the first 3-5 days depending on the hunter traffic on public land but I will hunt adjacent private properties waiting to collect on learned behavior.

23-Jul-15
first day I usually do some still hunting, to check out the area from last year and see where the most sign is. I've noticed things can shift from year to year depending on the acorn crop and other activity that may be taking place in the area this year that wasn't there last year, like someone putting up stands or a dirt bike trail sprang up.

And guess what I'm going to do if a small buck or a doe comes into range? Go ahead, guess! Let it walk and enjoy the view.

And if the Irish sweepstakes winnings come in that they called me about last week arrive in time, I'll go back to New Mexico for elk, with notme. :)

23-Jul-15
i was figureing my 90 day probation period would bring me to sept8 , hunt a swamp i picked up this year without losing pay...just found out its 1yr and 1day for sick/vaca time..WTF!!!..if the leaders of this company would stop playing find the trouser mouse with little boys..bad enough pay is the same as when i was 16!!...

23-Jul-15
had to vent..better than hitting a monument..lol

23-Jul-15
If I can, I will sit in one of my Wilton private properties in the AM and water Co. in the PM.

I have the 15th and 18th off so I'll do the same both days unless I see something I want at either location.

I't will be first come first served for me. With my health the way it's been, not sure when NEXT time will be. One in the freezer is better than than 100 in the woods plus there is the other 100 only the DEEP can see.

23-Jul-15
Opening week has always been a time I have mature bucks hitting the apple trees or fields in the afternoon. Shot a few of my biggest ones around 9/15-22.

They go back to normal instincts (nocturnal) once the velvet is off and they are rubbing trees.

23-Jul-15
All depends on the weather & wind direction. Much gratitude for having options and alternatives.

23-Jul-15
First hunt will be in MT chasing elk in the mountains. Won't get into a tree in CT until last week of Sept.

23-Jul-15
I take the first week of the season off every year. I will be bouncing back and forth between CT and RI.

23-Jul-15
I will be enjoying opening day with my wife seeing she just got her liscense earlier this year. Gonna bring her to one of my favorite spots, hoping she connects.

24-Jul-15
Bloodtrail - let us know how you make out in Montana! Very interested in elk hunting and how things look in that state.

Mathews - I just told my wife that I wish she would come out with me just once to experience the outdoors like us hunters do it. Married 40 years this fall and she never wanted to tag along :( So if I were you I'd be soooo excited to have her along, and even better she has her license. Good luck!

24-Jul-15
BT, good luck and bring me back some elk knee bones. I don't have any.

24-Jul-15
Thank you BBB, I feel more excited for her to have this experience than I am go get out myself.

24-Jul-15
@mathews reezen: Here is what is going to happen. You bring her to your favorite spot and she connects. Then she proceeds to tell all her best friends which in turn will tell their bowhunting husbands. Before the rut is on your best place is no longer your favorite. Depending on your bowhunting addiction level this may lead to divorce and other headaches.

Why in the world would you do something like that to yourself? Just bring her to a new place and if she connects then that will be her favorite spot and your marriage will survive. Savy!?

P.S. Do not tell us that a woman can keep a secret. It is simply not possible. It is against their natural instinct.

• Sitka Gear