steve 29-Jul-15
bigbuckbob 29-Jul-15
CTCrow 29-Jul-15
longbeard 29-Jul-15
notme 29-Jul-15
bigbuckbob 30-Jul-15
InRut-KB-Bowhunter 07-Aug-15
24-Jul-15
I need to get my bow tuned ..... Anyone have a guy close to wallingford ..... I don't want to drive to halls ....

Thx

24-Jul-15
I need to get my bow tuned ..... Anyone have a guy close to wallingford ..... I don't want to drive to halls ....

Thx

24-Jul-15

SILVERADO's Link
Sportsmans Outpost by far in my opinion the best bow shop in the state. I used to drive to halls, in experience they have gone way downhill. They messed up two of my bows and my friends.

24-Jul-15
newbury archery in goshen,worth the trip

24-Jul-15
That is one ugly website.....

24-Jul-15
Go to Connecticut Archery in Wallingford!!!!!! They have a website. Check it out ... you won't be disappointed.

24-Jul-15
X2 on CT Archery.

24-Jul-15
@Madness: Help them fix it for a free bow service. Positive criticism is better than random remarks. Most times (99.99%) the inner beauty is what matters the most.

24-Jul-15
CT Archery is right off ex 64 in Wallingford. In the Silversmith complex on Quinnipiac street. Go in the entrance at the light and it is straight back on the Right side.

24-Jul-15
You couldn't pay me to go to CT Archery, by far the worst bow shop that I have ever been to. I went there last season and purchased a brand new bow after mine was stolen from my truck and I needed one asap. I called and they were one of the only shops in the state open on a Sunday. I made the drive and after talking to the owner who was a really nice guy selected a bow the Hoyt Nitrum. Seemed like a great bow, well he proceeds to set it up for me and within minutes drops the bow out of the press that was strike 1. He then proceeds to set everything up I tell him that I would like a kisser button put on and he told me that I dont need one and that is the wrong way to shoot. I've shot for the last 20 years and I use a kisser button Im comfortable with it and accurate. He talks me out of it fine, that was strike 2. I shoot and am all over the place due to not having a consistent anchor point due to no kisser button. He says the timing is off and he will adjust it. (on a brand new bow?)He starts tinkering with it and its way off, looking puzzled he asks one of the other techs there and he tells him that he was adjusting the timing in the wrong direction, and going further out of sync. the other tech adjusts it and says its good to go. Im back to shooting it again it feels a little better but im still not anywhere near as consistat as I normally am but think maybe its due to all the people watching me. He mounts all my accessories and Im good to go except he doesnt have the right screws to mount my quiver Id have to come back the following week. OK an hour drive from my house but Ill do it. I leave go home and shoot during the week, my groups are very erratic, now Im starting to question myself and my abilities. I go back and he mounts the quiver and tweaks a few more little things and says Im all set. I leave a few days later for my whitetail hunt in KY. I arrive and take several practice shots and still no where near where I should be shooting. I tell myself to only take less than 20 yd shots. 2nd hunt I go on I walk 200 yds down the trail and my quiver completely falls off the bow... WTH?? This is the same quiver that they had just put on the bow after a 2nd trip. I hunt that day and didn't see anything fortunately, I make it back to camp disgusted and luckily brought my crossbow I finished out the rest of my hunt using that. I arrive back in CT the following week and head to the hardware store and purchase the proper screws for the quiver in Stainless and remount with a litte loctite, that problem resolved. :) I shoot the bow some more and think that it is shooting ok and head out for a CT hunt. I have a beautiful buck come in and hit high, 3 shots later and 26 hours I cannot recover him. Aggravated I hang the bow up for the season and use the crossbow. I took the bow back out this year and bring it to extreme Archery in mamaroneck ny. They look at it and ask me who in the world setup the bow. Its no where near done right and starts rattling off everything that was done incorrectly. I shoot it and it seems to be better. I continue shooting and it still doesnt see right. thinking to myself that its still a timing issue I contact Sportsmans Outpost and bring it to them. They completely took the bow apart and re assembled it. They started everything over from scratch and went through it soup to nuts. I just got done shooting it I have never shot a bow that is as accurate or consistent. Its amazing when a bow is tuned perfectly how it performs, sorry to make it such a long story but I had a 1500 bow with all accessories that I hate and didn't even want to use that was setup completely wrong. If you want nothing but a headache go to CT Archery if you want it done right go to Sportsmans Outpost.

24-Jul-15
Sportsmen Outpost best shop in the state hands down been to several before I found these guys . Professionals in every way and have set up my last 3 bows.

24-Jul-15
Dave, are you hinting that you don't like CT archery?

24-Jul-15
lol....slight hint crow, umm on a positive note they do have a nice web page ; )

24-Jul-15
maybe theyre related to the Norwalk archery store ?

24-Jul-15
I'll vouch for Sportsman Outpost. They took two of my bows apart and brought them back to Factory Specs. They don't mess around and get it done right.

I can't believe how accurate both bows were when i shot them. Go there.

24-Jul-15
OK guys, I wasn't going to have my bow tuned this year but now you got me all excited about the Outpost. Going to drop off the bow next week.

Appreciate the tip!!

24-Jul-15
I had a lot of problems at sportsmanship outpost, they have different guys there that screwed up my bow, I only live 5 min away and won't go there to get it fixed, if you seriously want to get your bow tuned perfect I know a guy in north field, PM me. Rob

24-Jul-15
I guess it depends on who tunes the bow, some of these places may be good or bad but depends on who is there that day tuning. Good luck to all. Mine is perfect and ready to go this year already, been shooting all summer.

24-Jul-15
Sportsmans outpost is the only place I go for bow work to be done I bought a Hoyt havoctec there in 2003 best bow I ever shot then in 2012 had it tuned and new strings put on it was like a new bow again but I wanted to go up in poundage so I bought a new Hoyte There and they tuned it perfectly my broad heads (slick tricks ) hit the same 2" circle at 20 and 30 yards as my field tips . The 1st time I shot the bow this season since last November was at the RWA test off a stand at 20 yards and put all 4 arrows in a 2 inch circle I put in the middle of there 10" target so I feel they did a great job at fitting me and setting up my bow with the correct arrows to use with my set up .

24-Jul-15
Can those who had work done at Sportsmansd Outpost please name some people that did the work to achieve a positive result. Give credit where it is due. How many people work there?

25-Jul-15
Thx everybody .....i will run over to sportsmen outpost

25-Jul-15
Only one mention of the Norwalk store?

25-Jul-15
sturing the pot sturing the pot..lol

25-Jul-15
Norwalk not close to wallingford .....wolcot not bad ....goshen is like mars

25-Jul-15
Goshen is an excellent bow outpost as well. The three places, in alphabetical order, I trust to get good service and advice are:

- Columbia Sports Center - 3 Orlando Dr Columbia, CT 06237-1149; tel. 860-228-1666 - ask for Bill and be patient as he is busy

- Newbury Archery Proshop - 529 Sharon Turnpike, Goshen, CT 06756; tel. 860-491-9908 - ask for Barry and go early (scenic drive is a bonus)

- Sportsmen's Outpost - 415 Wolcott Road, Wolcott, CT 06716; tel. 203-879-1139 - ask for Mike or Josh and be prepared to take notes

Our expectation to have a positive outcome should be driven by a serious dose of common sense and technical knowledge even though we do not have the tools needed for repair. Knowledge is acquired thru learning and applied thru common sense. When you go to have anything serviced/fixed you are ultimately responsible for the outcome. If your knowledge level or gut instinct tells you something is wrong then you should overcome the urge to stay passive and state the obvious with a meaningful question / statement.

25-Jul-15
sorry I meant north haven not north field . It is close to you in Wallingford

25-Jul-15
Mars is good,life on mars..obama says so

25-Jul-15
@notme; Who are we to discourage any politician to depart Earth? I believe that we will be better off in the end as they fulfill their "Yes, you can" dream. Maybe they came from Mars and they miss it.

25-Jul-15
Bow mechanics is not complicated as our ancestors proved it long time ago. Ask around, read about it, and watch others do it. After some exposure enough understanding will build to help one make a wise decision when the moment of truth comes.

First it was a stick used to distribute carried weight between two or more individuals. Then the wheel appeared and the stick got attached to it reducing the number of individuals needed to carry the same weight. Same story is applied to the bow. In this particular case the wheel got attached to the stick recently because the bows where efficient enough for the intended task to begin with. A wheel attached to a bow is a sign of our physical weakness rather than a technological advance.

25-Jul-15

25-Jul-15
Wow not me, lost for words?... This is a first, hahaha

25-Jul-15
ya man what the hell happened ?.i didnt say anything provacative,maybe it was the obama comment?

25-Jul-15
Josh and Mike at the Outpost. They'll do ya right.

25-Jul-15
So, no one here goes yo the Norwalk store? It was always crowded when I went.

25-Jul-15
So, who do you use treeman?

25-Jul-15

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Anyone here tune your own bow? By tune I mean adjust nock height, arrow length, tip weight and the arrow rest to shoot bullets with no fletch through paper at 6-10 feet. That's all I have ever had to do, but I will admit I rarely hold on to a bow for more than 2 years. With Ebay in the picture, upgrading to the newest Mathews has never cost me more than about $300 net. I tend to have two bows of different manufacture, just to keep an open mind. Right now it's a NoCam and an Elite Synergy. Both are pretty dang good with my garage tuning efforts. Last year or two it was a Monster and a Prime bow. Shoot Maxima Red out of all of them.

25-Jul-15
That's the first bad review I've heard of ct archery in Wallingford. Everyone I know likes the place. I haven't been there personally but I live in Wallingford and know a lot of people who have been there and had a good experience.

25-Jul-15
crow,r u refering to hilliar bros ?..they suck!

26-Jul-15
I like Paul Hiller.

26-Jul-15
I buy all my bows at Sportsman Outpost, Mike, Josh and Ryan are all great guys to deal with. I setup and tune all my own bows,been at this for a few years, the new bows today tune very easy. And Silverado sorry to hear about your nightmare, that guy shouldn't be allowed to touch a bow, I've been using a kisser for 25 years, probably could get away with not even using a peep having a kisser, glad to hear it got staightened out.

26-Jul-15
Hey Chris aka deer terminator, your right karma is a bitch but what in the world are you talking about in regards to taking a property away from a fellow hunter if you are referring to a property in Wilton, get your facts straight before you talk about things that you don't know about. I hunt for 2 landowners who have never had a hunter prior. One property that I do hunt for you were warned not to hunt on their property anymore as you were letting other people hunt there that did not have permission and you were not to set foot on that property again. The other property in question, I do not hunt there I wasn't the one who took your property from you. I just happened to meet the guy who obtained permission after you failed to show up to a property for over a year. Injury or not stay in contact with your landowner failure to do so may result in a loss of a property. Also that's something that you should have taken up with the landowner, clearly they didn't think to highly of you hunting their property since they didn't think twice about moving on to someone else, oh well guess ya snooze us lose huh. Oh yeah and FYI the hunter that replaced you over there managed to bag 2 killer bucks.

27-Jul-15
Your not worth the argument, Trust me I know more than you think and get your facts straight before trying to pick a fight on a public forum.

27-Jul-15
Yawn... Your boring me and everyone else on this site be gone. Remember karma I may know things in your future that you may not. Be careful who you piss off....

28-Jul-15
We never even asked the older lady for permission but we did get it from both sides [ MY BEST FRIEND FOR 50 YEARS ] Ero told you to leave, then he asked us we didn't ask him . Steve

28-Jul-15
Don't even entertain him he's out of his mind....must be off his meds again terminator check your pm. Again I will state get your facts straight clearly you do not read very well. You must be the most illiterate school teacher I have ever heard of. And for future reference I did not get any new properties last year same ones I've had for the past 5 seasons.

28-Jul-15
I still don't know what your talking about ? We didn't get or take anybody's spots . And as far as David goes ask guys on here how many he has taken with him and have shot deer at his spots or given spots away to people who didn't have any .Dave is one of the most dedicated hunters I know and I know him from birth !!

Steve

28-Jul-15
Sounds like the only thing getting tuned on this thread are the insults! Play nice boys.

28-Jul-15
deerterm: "Trust me lil Dave you should not make enemies especially with hunters."

Did you mean that to sound like a threat? On a public forum no less.

Every property we all get permission to hunt was hunted before by someone else. Get over yourself.

28-Jul-15
So to redirect this post How about a good place to get a crossbow re-strung.

28-Jul-15
i would imagine the same as listed above..barry sells a lot of x bows so i guess he would work on them too

28-Jul-15
STM

stop hijacking the thread!! This is a thread to talk about,..huh,....oh,...wait a minute,... never mind. :)

Carry on.

28-Jul-15
Not judging anyone else but I've had very good experiences at CT Archery.

28-Jul-15
OK Mr Humility.

28-Jul-15

SILVERADO's embedded Photo

28-Jul-15
Nice drawing Dave, I see you have an artistic side. Of course neither of those picture represents me because I have no...hair LOL

28-Jul-15
That's a likeness of Caitlyn Jenner!!

28-Jul-15
ahhh nuts ! You beat me to it bbb,lol

28-Jul-15
Ha yours

28-Jul-15

How come every time I read one of your posts all I can think about is the picture shown below. I think it's pretty unanimous that everyone one on here is getting tired of your comments. Be gone, can any second and maybe third?

28-Jul-15
Shown above*

28-Jul-15
Chris, I think you threw the first rock and you are now hiding your hand. Calling it karma when a fellow bowhunter get his equipment stolen just before he goes on a trip is an ahole move.

I am tired of all your negativity.

It's clear that you hold a grudge for a property you lost but it's time you drop it.

Drop it or leave it alone.

28-Jul-15
Talk about maturity..... Hmm...... You didn't make the first comment??? Again bro you gotta take them meds man, we talked about this. Or maybe your taking too much, you should see a dr. What do you think this line references? " I guess Karma is a bitch, maybe think twice before taking a property away from a fellow bow hunter." Hmm looks to me and everyone else you were looking to pick a fight. Especially over nonsense, Again I will repeat and say it slowly for you. I HAVE NEVER TAKEN A SPOT FROM YOU. Was that slow enough? Man for a teacher you aren"t very bright. Oh well

28-Jul-15
Tell everyone were the spot was I would like to hear it myself !And I could remember you trying to put me down last year for shooting that six something like why don't let them grow didn't you shoot enough when that was my first one at the end of November ,remember ? Done with your nonsense !

29-Jul-15
Funny thread. If I were the landowner reading this nonsense everyone would be looking for a new place to hunt.

29-Jul-15
Toonces lol that would be fine with me too, I don't even hunt the property in question. Thats why this is so comical.

29-Jul-15
its hot,full moon coming up,nothing else going on..i say have at it.its keeping me amused..lol

29-Jul-15
I still can't figure out which property we are talking about...has that even been established yet?

29-Jul-15
NO !!! Its only in his mind or he has the wrong guys .

29-Jul-15
I agree. I haven't been this interested in the site since our deer counting buddy left the site,....probably off counting deer in another area of the state where they're all stacked up on top of each other.

Now is this property you can see, or is it property you're assuming is there because you can see other property; so this property must exist as well,....you know,....correction factor at work here.

Can we fly over it in a plane and do a transect of the angles to get the sq acres to make sure we're not on someone else's property? Anyone know where we can get a plane with a good what to measure things?

Where's my calculator when I need it?

29-Jul-15
Thus far it appears that only one person can see the property.

29-Jul-15
WHAT PROPERTY? Please can we get on the same page

29-Jul-15
she's a no my property , she's a u property...lol

does it have trees on it ?

can we see it from a car ? or is it really really far ?

can I spy it from my stand ? is it really big and grand ?

is there deer in the wood ? i will add them twice if I could ?

this all hurts my brain , the amusement keeps me sane.

30-Jul-15
notme - loved it! Sometimes this site sounds like little kids reading Dr Suess.

07-Aug-15
Back to the subject Paul Hiller is great with the bows / x bows & Guns. I have bought a few bows from Paul and he has tuned them perfect every time, with NEVER a issue.

• Sitka Gear