Peepin Tom 12-Aug-15
Al Dente Laptop 12-Aug-15
deerman406 15-Aug-15
24-Jul-15
Noticed gun opener is 11/21/15,do we get extra week this year

24-Jul-15
YES WE DO

24-Jul-15
Well, it is an extra 6 days compared to last year, when it opened on the 15th. Won't happen again until 2020. Makes you wonder how the extra days (or the fewer days) effects the total bow harvest.

25-Jul-15
so what is the date for opening of bow season this year ????

25-Jul-15
Southern Zone bow opener: Oct. 1 Northern Zone bow opener: Sept. 27 Crossbow Southern Zone: Nov. 7 Crossbow Northern Zone: Oct. 14 Late Bowhunting Southern Zone: Dec. 14-22 Late Bowhunting Northern Zone: Dec. 7-13

26-Jul-15
I have to believe the bow buck harvest will noticeably improve. I have thought the last few bow seasons have ended as the rut was really getting going. Extra week has to help....Tom

27-Jul-15
Remembering last bow season,was having hard time staying in tree,cold weather stopped me from doing all day sits prime time,need good cold weather camo now that season is week longer.

28-Jul-15
Seems likely us bow hunters will enjoy the best of the rutting action this fall. Buck movement, chasing and overall movement might be over the hump by the gun opener. What does anyone else think?

28-Jul-15
Seems likely us bow hunters will enjoy the best of the rutting action this fall. Buck movement, chasing and overall movement might be over the hump by the gun opener. What does anyone else think?

29-Jul-15
it seems we will have a great time in the November period to take a buck in the rut...

30-Jul-15
So what about antler restrictions?

30-Jul-15
My prediction is that we will have an early rut this year, with daytime action peaking around early November. With the "extra days" it should be a full season...an extra dose of anticipation, lots more frustration of course, and yet a better chance for that sublime satisfaction.

30-Jul-15
According to the National Weather Service , October's weather should be Normal 50 - 60 degree temps and pretty dry. hope it comes true. AR don't get some of us started.It seems as if you want to see larger Racks in the Future it just might not come to be, if you look at there up coming Quotas.Look's like the want the Total Heard Reduced.

09-Aug-15
Don't want dry weather in October!!

10-Aug-15
The gun opener should always be the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Makes it an easy week for guys to take a hunting vacation and only use three days of vacation (for most folks).

11-Aug-15
That a great idea..

being retired it does not help me, but sure would help a lot of working hunters...

12-Aug-15
Makes too much sense for the DEC Bill. I would also change the youth hunt to the Sat & Sun before the opener which I would change back to Monday prior to Thanksgiving. This would still close archery season on Friday but would not have any fire arms and bows in the woods at the same time.

12-Aug-15
That was the whole point of changing the Monday Regular Opener to Saturday, to get the kids out hunting with their parents or mentors so no one would lose vacation time or get docked for missing work. Another LIE!!!!

15-Aug-15
Al is right, we really do not need a youth season. It opens saturday and any mom or dad worth their salt would let the kid shoot a deer before them anyway. What about the 3 weeks of buck season the guys who hunt in a bow only area lose. It really sucks for guys like me. I have a couple 135-140" bucks plus another one that will go close to 160"s and if they walk buy the first 2 weeks of oct. I have to let them walk. That is BS!!! Shawn

• Sitka Gear