CTCrow 31-Jul-15
notme 31-Jul-15
cuntrytocity 31-Jul-15
CTCrow 31-Jul-15
cuntrytocity 31-Jul-15
Gregg Karal 01-Aug-15
spike78 02-Aug-15
26-Jul-15
Just got back from Cabelas.?Boy there Archery Department has really gone down hill.They where supposed to be having a Archery week special.They had nothing I wanted.Even the guns seam to be down.If you have every been to the in PA.It is amazing.Has anyone heard anything on the Bass Pro opening Bridgeport?

26-Jul-15
Yeah I heard maybe next year in bridgeport

27-Jul-15
Bass Pro is scheduled to open end of 2015. Construction is almost complete, about 90%. They will probably go live before the gun hunting season opens to catch the wave, pun intended. What makes you think you will have better experience at Bass Pro?

You should try any the following three places, listed in alphabetical order:

- Columbia Sports Center - 3 Orlando Dr Columbia, CT 06237-1149; tel. 860-228-1666 - ask for Bill and be patient as he is busy

- Newbury Archery Proshop - 529 Sharon Turnpike, Goshen, CT 06756; tel. 860-491-9908 - ask for Barry and go early (scenic drive is a bonus)

- Sportsmen's Outpost - 415 Wolcott Road, Wolcott, CT 06716; tel. 203-879-1139 - ask for Mike, Ryan or Josh and be prepared to take notes

I know that all 3 shops are far away but if you want better service you have to travel and sacrifice time. We all owe that much to the animal pursued.

A bow tuneup is around $30 to $40 and sometimes free if you actually purchase something from a shop. Well worth the time and money given that a good finished arrow can cost $30 and the stress/guilt you will avoid by recovering your deer in the end.

27-Jul-15
"i have a pro shop,you have a bait shop"two of my bud dicussing their businesses...pro shop you pay for service and knowledge..regular shop you just pay.

27-Jul-15
I go to Bill at Center - good shop

27-Jul-15
Mark Hall at Andover Archery is a good guy and runs an excellent shop.

27-Jul-15
Yea, it used to be way bigger. I still go and purchase my arrows and broadheads from there, but I plan on using a pro shop for my next bow purchase.

27-Jul-15
I agree the shops you have spoke of are all good shops.And I to use to have a archery shop and worked in one that use to sell about 600 bows a year.I have bought several bows from 2 of the shops you spoke of.I still like going to cabelas or bass pro for my cloths and foot wear,targets and they are just kool places to go with my grandson,He loves to look at all the different mounts.

30-Jul-15
I think it has to do with the opening of the MA and NH stores. The folks from that region now have other options where before E. HArtford was their choice. The staff down at cabelas EH used to preach about it being a Destination store, not sure that is true now. Supposedly they have another one in Woodbury NY about to open up in 2016. That puts two additional stores within 110 miles from the EH store. I'm hoping that the BPS in Bridgport will put some pressure on them here in EH to get better.

30-Jul-15
if they hire the usless garbage from the "neighborhood" like they said they would,theyll fold within 5 yrs if that..

30-Jul-15

31-Jul-15
cat ate youn thonge? Oh wait, cats are gone. That's why we got the extra wabbits.

31-Jul-15
ya dude twice in week.!..the eyes must b watchin me.lol

31-Jul-15
The thing about Cabelas is sometimes you get someone who's very knowledgeable or you get someone who just needs a job, but doesn't know much about the job in question. When I bought my first bow, a woman who worked in the archery dept knew her stuff, but I went against her advice and within a week, I had to eat crow and go back and admit she was right and I told her so. Personally speaking, I've always had pretty good experiences in Cabelas.

One things for sure, I hate shopping like most heterosexual males, but when I walk into a Cableas or gun store, I can browse FOREVER!!!!! Am I the only man to suffer this dreaded disease....lol

31-Jul-15
"I had to eat crow"

Hey! I take offense to that.

31-Jul-15
LMAO......no offense intended Crow, lol. I prefer "beaver" anyway....

01-Aug-15
I worked at Cabelas a few years back, they lied to me during the interview, said the starting pay was $9.50 - $10.00. First paycheck, they paid me $9.00. I asked what happened to the $9.50 - 10, and was told that they never said that....

year later, at review time, I did all the training they required, worked hours I wasnt scheduled for, helped stop 3 larcenies, pushed credit cards down everyones throat, and told I was a terrific employee...they gave me a $.10 raise to $9.10.

Then they dramatically reduced the employee discount. I quickly left.

They treated thier employees like crap, continued to hire anyone who will accept rock bottom min. wages regardless of thier experiences. Raises came cheaply and only once per year on your anniversary.

Maybe things have changed since then, but everytime I go there, I rarely find someone who knows anything about the sport, and the amount of outfitters around is sparse, except in the non camo clothing areas.

02-Aug-15
I just went to cabelas saturday and had them ship the gun to MA. They charged me 25 for the shipping. I asked when it would get to the MA cabelas and they said it could take a week or a month as they bundle a shipment together to send to other cabelas. I said let me get this straight if I gave you 25 and asked you to ship it to a gunshop it would be sent earlier? He said yup. Sounds crappy to me.

• Sitka Gear