BOWMEN 29-Jul-15
>>---CTCrow---> 29-Jul-15
treeman16 29-Jul-15
DeerDan 29-Jul-15
Brian M. 29-Jul-15
treeman16 29-Jul-15
BOWMEN 29-Jul-15
27-Jul-15
Does anyone know how long the Dec will take before they put in that you can bow hunt in certain areas?Or I have not heard anything on it over the news.

27-Jul-15
Talk to a deep warden today and he has no news yet

28-Jul-15
Since they already printed the regulation books I would guess it will be all done by social media and newspapers.

28-Jul-15
Heard last week from the head Deer Biologist that since this passed late, they will be using the numbers from previous surveys to determine which zones are "overpopulated". In the future they will go back to surveying all zones. The communication should come out in August. It is anticipated to be pretty much what everyone seems to be expecting.

29-Jul-15
Why do zones or population matter if limits are staying the same? It should have nothing to do w population.

29-Jul-15
I totally agree with you. The only thing I can think of is that a lot of the tags go unused and a large percentage of the deer harvest is on Saturday. If 50% of the deer harvest in those zones is saturday, opening them to sunday might increase the sat-sun % to 70% just to say a number. If a larger percentage of the tags is used, it would impact the deer population.

I agree that it should be opened state wide. A better solution would be to lower the number of tags issued while opening it state wide, private and public land.

29-Jul-15
What's going on? Am i hunting Sunday or not?

29-Jul-15
Does Rhode Island have sunday hunting?

29-Jul-15
Yes RI does have sunday hunting

29-Jul-15
Yea but for $135.00 i'd like to go more than 4 days a month! I have a lot of private property here.

29-Jul-15
No one stopping you from hunting RI!

29-Jul-15
SWK Thank you! I did see that chart before i thought something had changed since then.

29-Jul-15
I would defenetley not expect it the first or even the second year but I hope it will be state wide one day. I only hunt Z11 but I think Sunday should just be treated as any other day of the week. If the deer population shrinks, just lower the number of tags issued until the population rebounds.

Thanks birdman. I wasn't sure if RI had Sunday hunting or not.

29-Jul-15
Im wondering if this Sunday hunting will back fire on you guys. Seems alot more deer will be shot now and that may not help your cause. Just an observation with all the Redding talk etc. Thoughts?

29-Jul-15
Are deer harder to hunt Monday through Saturday.NO.Its going to hurt the deer population just because you are going to have more folks out there bow hunting,That had to work on Saturday,Now they can go out Sunday.And its also is about self control.Just because you get 4 tags for archery to start,You don't have to use them all.

29-Jul-15
If we have more guys hunting because they work 6 days a week and can now hunt Sundays, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. That is the reason I wanted Sunday hunting. Hard working guys deserve to have at least a day to be out there. .

29-Jul-15
I am happy for Sunday hunting and will still only shoot 2 or 3 per year! Saying that, I have to imagine this will increase deer kills!

29-Jul-15
I'm good with 2 or 3 deer year between RI and CT. Working every Saturday I'm just glad I may have the option to hunt Sunday in CT.

29-Jul-15
I hope it does increase deer kills....for the guys that work six days a week.

29-Jul-15
There you go... Just don't shoot a doe, or some guys on this site will judge you!

29-Jul-15
I hunt NY and CT.I am very happy to take a deer in each state and spend a lot of time out in the woods with some good hunting buddies.I also like to get upstate NY to some Bird hunting.Its all good.Now it is nice to have a choice weather to hunt on Sat.or Sunday.For many years I worked Saturday,That is why I started to hunt NY plus I live along side the state.

• Sitka Gear