Fuzzy 30-Jul-15
Dr McJiblets 31-Jul-15
Fuzzy 03-Aug-15
tonyo6302 04-Aug-15
tonyo6302 05-Aug-15
Fuzzy 05-Aug-15
Dr McJiblets 05-Aug-15
30-Jul-15
Anyone ever done this hunt? I am registered for it, gonna go on Sept 26th to Scout it

31-Jul-15
I was going to check it out, too. I've only been hunting once and it was a total CF. I'm trying to get into bow hunting. But, finding places to hunt when you live in a house in the suburbs is difficult. Not to mention, I have the added bonus of being a first-generation hunter. It's a tradition I'd like to start and share with my sons someday.

Anyway, sorry I kinda went on there. I was thinking of signing up for the scout day. I just need to check my schedule.

03-Aug-15
Good luck!

04-Aug-15
Fuzzy, I have a friend who did the Dismal Swamp Bear Hunt, and says he would not recommend that hunt.

I don't know of anyone who has done the Deer hunt.

I will ask him about how the Deer herd was. I don't know if Blue Tongue got down that way or not.

Tony

05-Aug-15
Here is my friends reply ( he grew up in Louisianna );

"Back then the Bear were NOT on the VDGIF land. They were up the road about 5-10 miles. the WMA land was too thick for you and me to cut a path thru with weed whackers.

Bad thick.

No trash disturbed by bears. Saw no deer sign

Hunting Swamp deer is no fun. Thick, hot, small deer usually in Louisiana, snakes gators.

I would not do it on a bet.

Lemme know how he does.

Everyone who applied for the bear hunt got drawn. After scouting, we saw no sign so did not waste our time."

05-Aug-15
thanks Tony

05-Aug-15
Good to know. Thanks, Tony.

• Sitka Gear